cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JX booting problem after updting nvidia drivers

rohan2812
Level 7
Hello,

I am currently facing problem with nVidia driver updates. Whenever I upgrade my driver from 311.83... (the one in the driver download page of asus) my laptop takes hell of a time for booting. After POST there is a delay of 2-3 minutes where I see only the black screen and nothing seems to be happening. And after that the laptop starts. Sometimes the laptop doesn't boot at all I have to shut it down by pressing the button and then starting it again. The problem happens even if I hibernate the system. I have tried 327.xxxx, 331.xxx and one beta driver that was suggested by nvidia customer care, but none of them worked. The nvidia customer care then told me that Asus may be releasing some custom modified drivers and they suggested me to use the one that was available on manufacturer's website and not to go for upgrades.
I recently upgraded from windows 8 to windows 8.1 and the driver 311.83... also started misbehaving so I was forced to reset my PC and roll back to Windows 8.
The problem is that while all the games run fine but NFS Rivals needs graphics driver version greater than 320.xxxx and so I am not able to play that game with my current driver version. And if I upgrade to play the game then the laptop starts giving me problems at the time of booting.

Any suggestions or help to resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
The Game is On!!! :cool:
G750JX-CV069P | i7-4700HQ | 24GB | 1.5TB HDD | 17.3" FHD 3D Screen | 3GB Nvidia GTX 770M
6 REPLIES 6

Zygomorphic
Level 17
As an experiment, try removing the ASUS drivers and replacing them with the nVidia drivers of the same version. If these give the problems you have been experiencing, then it is likely that you need the custom drivers from ASUS, and so you will have to wait for ASUS to come out with custom drivers.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Froggy666
Level 7
You cannot use any driver if you have the 3D version like I do

If you read this thread, I reported that those updated ones are compatible with the 3D version of this laptop

Also, when installing, make sure you choose custom then uncheck GeForce Experience otherwise it will update to the latest nVIDIA ones and your laptop is FUBAR again:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?43804-ASUS-GeForce-Driver-v332.35&country=&status=
I am a very small and innocent froggy who dropped from the La La land. and my job is to help n00b!es

amitabhbansal
Level 7
rohan2812 wrote:
Hello,

I am currently facing problem with nVidia driver updates. Whenever I upgrade my driver from 311.83... (the one in the driver download page of asus) my laptop takes hell of a time for booting. After POST there is a delay of 2-3 minutes where I see only the black screen and nothing seems to be happening. And after that the laptop starts. Sometimes the laptop doesn't boot at all I have to shut it down by pressing the button and then starting it again. The problem happens even if I hibernate the system. I have tried 327.xxxx, 331.xxx and one beta driver that was suggested by nvidia customer care, but none of them worked. The nvidia customer care then told me that Asus may be releasing some custom modified drivers and they suggested me to use the one that was available on manufacturer's website and not to go for upgrades.
I recently upgraded from windows 8 to windows 8.1 and the driver 311.83... also started misbehaving so I was forced to reset my PC and roll back to Windows 8.
The problem is that while all the games run fine but NFS Rivals needs graphics driver version greater than 320.xxxx and so I am not able to play that game with my current driver version. And if I upgrade to play the game then the laptop starts giving me problems at the time of booting.

Any suggestions or help to resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Rohan, this issue i also had, only black screen, i have solved this, its about the nvidia driver, u will get a little pain to do all but it will be perfect,
Reset your pc (F9 at boot) the.n reset the c drive
Once done, download the beta driver from gforce experience, and install it as a fresh installation
Download bluetooth driver from asus site for windows 8.1 64bit and update it
Then upgrade your windows from 8-8.1
And your problem will be solved, no other driver needs to get updated, if any other problem persist let me know
(Remember to update the beta driver as fresh installation or else problem will remain, when u click on the beta driver installation, at the bottom there is a check box for fresh installation, check it before updating)

Destructis
Level 7
Before you go through all of that pain, read this thread and try the Nvidia Beta Drivers 334.67

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?43804-ASUS-GeForce-Driver-v332.35&country=&status=

Let us know if that fixes your problem

rohan2812
Level 7
@Froggy666 Thanks for the link mate. I updated my driver version to 332.35 and have been playing the entire weekend. No black screen/booting issues after installing this driver.

@amitabh thanks for your reply but I don't think I'll have to do all that now

@Destructis I think I'll stick to 332.35 for a while and complete my games before doing any further upgrades
The Game is On!!! :cool:
G750JX-CV069P | i7-4700HQ | 24GB | 1.5TB HDD | 17.3" FHD 3D Screen | 3GB Nvidia GTX 770M

rohan2812 wrote:
@Froggy666 Thanks for the link mate. I updated my driver version to 332.35 and have been playing the entire weekend. No black screen/booting issues after installing this driver.

@amitabh thanks for your reply but I don't think I'll have to do all that now

@Destructis I think I'll stick to 332.35 for a while and complete my games before doing any further upgrades

glad you got it solved. don't listen to people here who tell you to install Beta drivers unless you are looking for trouble or have a lot of time on your hand to waste. Stick with the ASUS Drivers. The ASUS drivers team knows better than the generic drivers from a manufactuer like nVIDIA who post generic drivers which are meant to be installed on ALL laptop with no specific optimization or settings for your specific laptop.
I am a very small and innocent froggy who dropped from the La La land. and my job is to help n00b!es