cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Freezing when coming back from Hibernation

Aether92
Level 7
I don't know what to do 😕
Whenever my laptop goes into hibernation, i try to start it and it can never recover, it starts the windows logo then freezes everytime. It works fine when booting, or when waking up from sleep its just from hibernation when recovering all the stuff that was previously in use, same as when i do a hard reset and it asks if i want to recover previous data or start windows normally it can't recover then either.
Anyone else had this problem?
3 REPLIES 3

GamerGrl90
Level 7
I NEVER let my computers go into hibernation.

Aether92
Level 7
Yeah, I do my best not to aswell, problem is I work/school 14 hours a day. and my step dad is a Nazi so when he sees I'm not home and the chargers on he takes it. Don't ask why he's just 1 of those guys
Anyone else have this problem though?

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Aether92 wrote:
Yeah, I do my best not to aswell, problem is I work/school 14 hours a day. and my step dad is a Nazi so when he sees I'm not home and the chargers on he takes it. Don't ask why he's just 1 of those guys
Anyone else have this problem though?

Unfortunately, I don't fool around with hibernate much either since it can be very finicky about drivers and software from what I know.

Before we start looking into it, just wonder why you prefer to hibernate instead of shutting down to make sure it's really something we need to work on.

Sorry, if you explained it in your post, but wasn't quite clear to me how hibernating was better (may not work any better, but wondering if sleeping is an option if shutting down isn't?).