cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gryphon PCIEX1 Issue

LastActionHero
Level 7
I just put a new build together with an Asus Gryphon and the top PCIEX1 slot does not seem to like my video card (Sapphire 7950). When starting the computer, I get the led boot sequence of lights and it sticks on the VGA led. The card is powered on and fans are spinning at this time. If I put the card in the PCIEX2 slot, everything works fine. This card also works fine in my older build so it doesn't seem to be a video card issue. I was thinking I had a bad PCIEX1 slot, so to test this I stuck an older card in there (Sapphire 5670) and everything works fine. The only difference between running the 7950 and 5670 in the top slot is the 7950 receives power via two 6-pin plugs from the power supply. I then swapped power supplies and the same issue still remains. I've also pulled the battery and cleared the CMOS with no luck. At this point, I was thinking something was going on with the motherboard so I exchanged for another Gryphon. Disappointingly enough, the exact same issue occurs with this new board as well. I also upgraded the bios from 1603 to 1707 on both boards with no luck. Any suggestions on getting this card to work? At this point, it seems my only option is to try a different board.
1 REPLY 1

Raja
Level 13
Check with the VGA vendor to find out if there is an updated VBIOS for the GPU.