cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a way to enable numlock on boot?

CountParadox
Level 7
Hey guys!
First up, to the people complaining about the green lines on dark areas, I think it looks pretty cool!! not too bad on mine either.. anyway;

Im wondering if theres a way to enable numlock on boot ??
I had a poke around the BIOS but couldnt find it, and I set it in windows to auto do it but it doesnt until AFTER i enable it and log on..
xD

main reason being win 8 pin entry c:

I have a G750JW ~

Any help would be appreciated 😄
12 REPLIES 12

angrylemon
Level 10
Found something online saying that using Regedit you can go HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard and then the entry InitialKeyboardIndicators can have the following values:

0 = NumLock is turned OFF after the logon.
1 = Disable NumLock.
2 = Numlock is turned ON after the logon.

angrylemon wrote:
Found something online saying that using Regedit you can go HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard and then the entry InitialKeyboardIndicators can have the following values:

0 = NumLock is turned OFF after the logon.
1 = Disable NumLock.
2 = Numlock is turned ON after the logon.

thats what i mean when i say i set it in windows c:

Crmn1625
Level 7
I followed AngryLemon's suggestion, confirmed by an online search and now when I start my computer, Numlock is on and ready at the logon screen and I do not need to activate it anymore.
G750JH-DB72-CA
250GB SSD/ 750GB HDD/ 16GB RAM
Windows 8.1:)

CountParadox
Level 7
hmm weird 😕
its fine for me coming out of sleep mode, but when i power it on from off state its no numlock until i log in..

Werewolf13
Level 7
Man - I use a USB keyboard with a G74SX and all I want to do is to be able to turn numlock off and on at need. It'll turn on easily. Using the numlock key to turn it off is a hit or miss operation.

Any ideas?

Werewolf13 wrote:
Man - I use a USB keyboard with a G74SX and all I want to do is to be able to turn numlock off and on at need. It'll turn on easily. Using the numlock key to turn it off is a hit or miss operation.
Any ideas?

Replied to here Werewolf13:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?37887-NumLock-on-Start&p=386240&viewfull=1#post386240

Do you have a control panel with that USB keyboard? Can you use that in combination with the Registry setting to get it to turn on / off using the control panel?

Interested in seeing if anyone has found a work around yet...? Just like Countparadox my num-lock goes back to off after rebooting using Angrylemons regedit suggestion.

pen2guin3 wrote:
Interested in seeing if anyone has found a work around yet...? Just like Countparadox my num-lock goes back to off after rebooting using Angrylemons regedit suggestion.

Weird, it should stay on, or turn back on after login.

Do you have any other settings, like for a keyboard / mouse control panel that could be overriding the registry setting?

the above mentioned tip does not work to write your logon because your are NOT A USER at that point.
so I went into Registry and found COntrol Panel/Keyboard inside the USERS/DEFAULT branch.
The existing value is a number like 223232333, I changed it to "2" and voila! 🙂
:cool: