cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 not willing to detect the second GTX 780 Ti but at BIOS it's all detected

apocalypzez
Level 10
Hey guys I have just added a second GTX 780 Ti for a sli setup but I'm having problem trying to install the driver. At first I did the usual thing I normally do when I get my second gpu a little late, i.e., remove / uninstall the installed drivers and all of its components. Then switch off the computer, completely devoid my system from the power and I installed the windforce edition on the first slot and the second ACX model on the black PCIe slot. I also had a creative x-Fi titanium installed on the x4 PCIe slot, which was blocking the EVGA acx model's fan. I went ahead and switched on my PC anyways, installed the drivers, enabled Sli and did some benchmarks and everything worked fine. Except I wasn't happy with the temps so I decided to change few things.

I moved the x-Fi sound card to bottom PCIe_x8_4 slot and left everything as it is. But this time no gpu in the black PCIe slot would be detected at bios level nor at windows level. I tried switching the card around, resetting the bios and what not, but none of these helped me detect the GPU installed in the black slot. But once I removed the sound card everything works well. Except for the temps were still at 80C on ACX causing downclocks (ex. 3dmark FS Extreme score http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1725021). So I decided to swap around the cards, ACX on top and the Windforce (with more cooling) at the bottom. And now my top ACX doesn't get detected at windows level. And there's no display past the bios screen. Inside the bios both GPUs are being detected but once the windows screen loading goes away, the screen goes black and nothing is displayed. When I check the device manager there's only one display adapter instead of the usual two. Also the display has to connected to the bottom card which is the windforce edition card. So now I've run out of ideas as to what am I supposed to do to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance and sorry to keep the post long. I wanted to be as descriptive as possible. Any input or suggestions would be gladly welcomed.
ASUS Maximus IX APEX || Core i7 7700K || Corsair H150i Pro || EVGA RTX 2080 Ti B.E. || G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C15D-16GTZR 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 @ 15-16-16-35-2N || ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB x 2 (RAID0) || WD RED 3TB x 2 || Corsair AX1200i || NZXT H700i (without the smart hub) || Dell U3011 || Windows 10 Pro x64 || Logitech Z2300 THX Certified 2.1 & Corsair Vengeance 2000 ||
0 REPLIES 0