cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing WiFi Antenna on G73jh

Antix
Level 7
While swapping out my HDD data cable, I managed to cleave one of the WiFi antenna wires when remounting the LCD. Could someone point me in the direction of what I should be looking for to replace one of these wires? I'm not 100% on the length of these wires or an appropriate search description. It seems perhaps a "mini PCI wifi pigtail cable" might be what I'm after, but I could use a second opinion. Also I haven't opened up the LCD bezel so I'm not sure which adapters are on opposing ends, etc. Any pointers?
2 REPLIES 2

atariangamer
Level 7
Going to ebay and typing in "laptop internal wifi antenna" returns some relatively cheap results at replacing the entire antenna system. Depending on what type it is, there might not be a 'connector' at the end, but instead just an array or a small metallic bit.

I may be alone in having wifi range issues, but I don't see any harm in replacing the old antennas. Just be careful...73s don't like to be opened up very much.

At this point I'm becoming fairly proficient at completely disassembling the thing. Unfortunately, I'm getting a little careless, which is how the wire got cleaved in the first place. I'll just open up the LCD assembly at some point and get a look at the other side of the thing then do my best to determine what an appropriate replacement would be.