Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Antronman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dandynamite View Post
    I was thinking of getting all the Noctua fans, the £60 dual radiator CPU fan (monster sized thing) and then the normall PWN Controller ones for the case?

Will changing the PSU give me a performance increase? Mind you the current on and my case is like a forest of wires in there.

I'll have a look for some 2133 RAM then, cheers
    Noctua is great.

Changing the PSU won't increase performance, but it will mean that you have the power for new upgrades. Seasonic SS-850 or Corsair RM-850 is what I recommend.
    Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion
    Through passion, I gain strength
    Through strength, I gain victory
    Through victory, my chains are broken
    The Republic of Gamers shall free me

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Indeed, the PSU is the weak link right now… and it's true, it won't increase the performance… - however, if you want a reliable system, then you need a good, reliable PSU… a bad PSU can take out other components too, that's why high end builders starts with a very high end PSU…

However, if you have a proper surge protector and/or a good UPS, then you can survive pretty long with a Bronze certified PSU too…

My point when I said that I would not change anything at this moment was that there is no real option to speed up that system significantly, it's pretty much close to it's limits… If you want significant upgrade, then you need to change platform - and it's better to start saving now for that then to invest in this system… That is the real future-proofing!

Quote Originally Posted by Zka17 View Post
    Indeed, the PSU is the weak link right now… and it's true, it won't increase the performance… - however, if you want a reliable system, then you need a good, reliable PSU… a bad PSU can take out other components too, that's why high end builders starts with a very high end PSU…

However, if you have a proper surge protector and/or a good UPS, then you can survive pretty long with a Bronze certified PSU too…

My point when I said that I would not change anything at this moment was that there is no real option to speed up that system significantly, it's pretty much close to it's limits… If you want significant upgrade, then you need to change platform - and it's better to start saving now for that then to invest in this system… That is the real future-proofing!
    I guarantee you, a 2133MHz clocked kit will make a very big difference.

In benchmarks yes, it will make a difference - but in everyday tasks you won't feel anything...
    I do not remember the OP to mention benchmarking, so I just suggested a 1600MHz kit...

In benchmarks yes, it will make a difference - but in everyday tasks you won't feel anything...
    I do not remember the OP to mention benchmarking, so I just suggested a 1600MHz kit...
    Actually it will make a difference in browsing. And in gaming. And in computing.

OK, Antronman, I will leave it to you... Based on my experience, I could not feel a difference - but then my experience is limited...

OK, Antronman, I will leave it to you... Based on my experience, I could not feel a difference - but then my experience is limited...
    With browsing it makes a noticeable difference, but even then a 1600 kit will still be very fast. A 2133 or 2400 will just be faster. Gaming however, it will make a big performance difference. Which means the same applies to computing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2