cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first build, any advice's?

KPECTOK
Level 7
So, i'm about to by a new PC and before i will i would to know the Pros and Cons on the build or the parts so if you guys have something to say, please do.

Case: Corsair Graphite Series 600T
MB: ASUS Maximus VI Formula
CPU: Intel i7 4770k
CPU Cooler: H100i
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866 CL9
GPU: ASUS GTX 780 Ti DCU2OC
PSU: AX860i
HDD: WD Black 1TB
SSD: Asus Raidr Express 240GB
OD: ASUS BW-16D1HT

The reason i chose the AX860i is because i will do an SLI with the same kind of GPU.
I will not do an OC to the GPU/CPU (at least right away, maybe in the future)
I will mostly do some gaming and a bit of video editing but not the professional kind. (i think the RAM should do it)

If you are having some kind of problems with any of those components please tell me.

Thanks, KPECTOK.
14 REPLIES 14

PowerOver9K
Level 9
KPECTOK wrote:
So, i'm about to by a new PC and before i will i would to know the Pros and Cons on the build or the parts so if you guys have something to say, please do.

Case: Corsair Graphite Series 600T
MB: ASUS Maximus VI Formula
CPU: Intel i7 4770k
CPU Cooler: H100i
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866 CL9
GPU: ASUS GTX 780 Ti DCU2OC
PSU: AX860i
HDD: WD Black 1TB
SSD: Asus Raidr Express 240GB
OD: ASUS BW-16D1HT

The reason i chose the AX860i is because i will do an SLI with the same kind of GPU.
I will not do an OC to the GPU/CPU (at least right away, maybe in the future)
I will mostly do some gaming and a bit of video editing but not the professional kind. (i think the RAM should do it)

If you are having some kind of problems with any of those components please tell me.

Thanks, KPECTOK.

It's fine. I have no complaints.
Mobo: Rampage IV BE | CPU: i7-4930@4.5ghz Hexacore | RAM: 32GB Corsair V-Pro | GPU: 4xR9 290X Quadfire | PSU: eVGA P2 SuperNOVA 1000W\G2 850W | Chassis: NZXT Phantom 820 | Cooling: XSPC Raystorm CPU Block\4xEK 290X Block\2x Laing D5\XSPC Dual Bay Res\Phobya G-Changer 1080 External Rad\Alphacool 140UT60\XSPC AX360 | Fan Con: Lamptron CW611 | Tube: Primochill Adv. LRT Bloodshed Red | 3xCrossover 27" 2560x1440 Monitors | Build Log of Insanity

Antronman
Level 10
I wouldn't recommend the graphite 600Ts because they have poor expansion and poorly positioned fan mounts. If the Hard Drive is the WD Black 2 1TB, that is an SSD+HDD drive. Other than that my only complaint would be that the GPU is Nvidia, because I'm more of a Radeon guy.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Antronman wrote:
I wouldn't recommend the graphite 600Ts because they have poor expansion and poorly positioned fan mounts. If the Hard Drive is the WD Black 2 1TB, that is an SSD+HDD drive. Other than that my only complaint would be that the GPU is Nvidia, because I'm more of a Radeon guy.

Get a 500GB Samsung 840 Evo instead of the ASUS Raidr. It costs less, has twice as much storage(Still an SSD, Fast enough!).

Also if you want to wait, dont get the Corsair Graphite 600T it is a bit out dated and replace by the Graphite 760T WHICH LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!
It releases on the 17th of next month so I recommend you wait for it!

Also I recommend getting Corsair Vengeance Pro Red Ram since it would look much better in the formula board.

Hope it goes well!
Cruel Angel
------------------------------

CPU: i7 4770k 4.7Ghz 1.425v
MB: Maximus VI Formula
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro (2400Mhz OC) 16GB
GPU: Reference GTX 560Ti ( GTX 880 Coming Soon!)
PSU: Corsair AX 1200i
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
HDD: WD Black 2TB
Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D
Mouse: MLG Sensei
KeyBoard: Corsair K70 RED
Monitor: BENQ XL2420T

Custom Water Cooling

Zeruel wrote:
Get a 500GB Samsung 840 Evo instead of the ASUS Raidr. It costs less, has twice as much storage(Still an SSD, Fast enough!).

Also if you want to wait, dont get the Corsair Graphite 600T it is a bit out dated and replace by the Graphite 760T WHICH LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!

Also I recommend getting Corsair Vengeance Pro Red Ram since it would look much better in the formula board.

Hope it goes well!

Case aesthetics for case like the 760T is very much in the eye of the beholder. I find the transparent all-acrylic side panel to be quite ugly. The HDD cages are visible, and it lacks any sort of contrast on the side because of the lack of an opaque border on the side. I actually find it to be ugly.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Zeruel wrote:

Hope it goes well!

I thought about the same SSD but i'm still not sure... if i will get this, can i remove the WD Black 1TB from the build? because i manage to survive with 500GB now... with the OS on it, and maby later i could buy another one and maybe RAID them... what do you think?

Zeruel wrote:

Hope it goes well!

I thought about the same SSD but i'm still not sure... if i will get this, can i remove the WD Black 1TB from the build? because i manage to survive with 500GB now... with the OS on it, and maby later i could buy another one and maybe RAID them... what do you think?

Antronman wrote:

I'm not a fan of any of the companies, i now have an AMD system but it is really too hot sometimes and Europe is ****ed up lately and it is very hot in the summer, sometimes above 40c (104f).
but i thought about it... and i'm waiting for the new ROG monitor PG278Q which will run a bit better with nVidia because of the G-SYNC tech.

kkn
Level 14
if you drop the HDD or not is up to you and what you need you know best.
just dont over fill the SSD.
yes you can raid if you buy a a second ssd ( of the same make and brand as you have from before, and not 2 diffrent ssd's ).
but for raid you have to do a clean instal of every thing again when that time comes.
when it comes to cases its more of a personal thing, so i wont say enny thing there.
but from the rest i think it looks good.
but think about maby up it to 2x8 gig ( ONE KIT!!!!!!!! ) memory as long as it dont boost the price of your budget.
since your going to do video editing that is.

Maybe i will just make it one - SAMSUNG 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD
Thanks, i don't think i really need 16GB RAM but if there will be a price drop... maybe
If any of you knows a good case (Black and Red theme) with a side window to see what is inside please suggest.

BTW: what do you think about the Corsair Vengeance C70 case?