New ROGer Array

World of Warcraft hiccups/pauses on new gaming laptop..?

Hello,

So I recently purchased the G750JH. I love the computer everything is fine except when I play World of Warcraft. It has started to become annoying and affecting my playing. Every so often the game will pause like its gonna freeze/crash then resume. It almost seems as is the HD is loading or something. It's not an internet/lag issues or addon's. I've reset settings in game and drivers are up to date as of today.

I'm curious if it has something to do with where I installed the game? Buggy machine? Any help or suggestions would be awesome thanks.

ROG Member Array

Are you plugged in or using it wireless? It still sounds like a network issue. One thing to check is your particle effects setting. A burst of graphics with a spell being cast might slow it down for a second.

New ROGer Array

Wired. I get 60 down 15 up with Comcast. I've played with settings it doesn't seem to be that because it happens sitting idle with nothing happening. I'm using the Geforce recommended set up also.

ROG Member Array

I use Windows 8.1 and it is installed on my OS C drive which is the first partition of my 256 GB SSD (it is a single 256GB, not one of the double 128's). It is in the folder Users/Public/Games. The game runs flawlessly for me, using at least 10 addons including Carbonite, DBM, Healbot, Recount, NPC Scan and Altoholic. The drives are set up in original factory partitions so besides the big update to Win 8.1, the system itself has not been changed. I did remove Power4Gear and the Splendid Utility and upgraded the Bios(206). I use the Battle.net starter with it set to pause updates when a game is launched and disabled peer to peer (either of these would cause game dc's or lag before I changed their settings). Just provided this info to let you know that under my settings, the game does work very well, maybe it will give you an idea of something to check.
    G750JH-DB72-CA
    250GB SSD/ 750GB HDD/ 16GB RAM
    Windows 8.1

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Crmn1625 View Post
    I use Windows 8.1 and it is installed on my OS C drive which is the first partition of my 256 GB SSD (it is a single 256GB, not one of the double 128's). It is in the folder Users/Public/Games. The game runs flawlessly for me, using at least 10 addons including Carbonite, DBM, Healbot, Recount, NPC Scan and Altoholic. The drives are set up in original factory partitions so besides the big update to Win 8.1, the system itself has not been changed. I did remove Power4Gear and the Splendid Utility and upgraded the Bios(206). I use the Battle.net starter with it set to pause updates when a game is launched and disabled peer to peer (either of these would cause game dc's or lag before I changed their settings). Just provided this info to let you know that under my settings, the game does work very well, maybe it will give you an idea of something to check.
    Oh you do bring up a good point. I decided when I did the fresh WoW install to install it to the Data1 drive. I'm wondering if that is why? I supposed I should try reinstalling to the C: drive. Hmm.

ROG Member Array

I really wanted it installed on the SSD so there would be no HDD slow downs. In game dungeon loading and zone changes (such as hearthing or porting) are so much faster than those same transitions on my old systems HDD set up, but this laptop is way superior to my old one in all aspects so these faster load times could be from anything.
    G750JH-DB72-CA
    250GB SSD/ 750GB HDD/ 16GB RAM
    Windows 8.1

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Darnassus PC Specs
    Darnassus PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VS -=-=- G750JX
    MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G752VS (U3E1) -=-=- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G750JX (SOCKET 0)
    Processori7 6700HQ @ 2.60GHz -=-=- i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz - 3.40GHz
    Memory (part number)2x16gb (M471A2K43BB1-CRC) -=-=- 2x8gb (HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB)
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1070 (8GB) -=-=- GTX 770M (3GB)
    Sound CardRealtek High Definition Audio / NVIDIA High Definition Audio
    MonitorGSync IPS 75HZ -=-=- Chi Mei 60Hz (Overclocked to 85Hz)
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB x2 -=-=- LITEONIT LCS-256M6S
    Storage #2HGST HTS721010A9E630 -=-=- ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB
    CPU CoolerStock -=-=- Stock
    CaseStock -=-=- Stock
    Power SupplyStock -=-=- Stock
    Keyboard Stock -=-=- Stock
    Mouse Razer Naga Epic 1st Generation
    Headset SPH 2500
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus
    OS Winblows 10 Pro -=-=- Winblows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterCG3000v2

Did you install the game to the Data Drive?

If so, my thought is your game is pausing for a moment because it halts the process to spin the drive back up and add more into the ram.

You can move WoW onto another part of your disc drive, or even change it's install location, it'd be fine.

Right Click WoW.exe or Launcher.exe and Folder Location, then go a folder back so you see the install directory, then just move it to your C drive somewhere in a games folder.

You'll notice WoW loads like crazy fast when it's on your SSD.

P.S. don't forget to make a new Launcher.exe shortcut.
    Last edited by Darnassus; 02-22-2014 at 03:05 PM.