Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Is the system at stock right now or is the CPU frequency overclocked?

ROG Member Array

XMP 1 profile 3.9ghz

Is all memory mapped now - all DIMMs being picked up or not?

Also whats the full part number of the kit itself? The part number you have thre is for a single 8GB module? If so have you combined multiple modules to make up 32GB?

ROG Member Array

no, picking only 2 dimms channel c1 and d1 still not functional. I have taken out those dimms

1) Part number of the full 32GB kit please?

2) If those slots are not working even with a signle DIMM, then we need to look at this problem before we do anything else with the system. Have you tried all DIMMs on their own in those slots? Try one stick only, in the non-working slots and see if the system POSTs. if not, check the CPU socket for any bent pins ad re-seat CPU.

-Raja

ROG Member Array

RAMKIT : F3-1866C10Q-32GSR
    CPU is fine.
    I reset bios to defaults and put one ram chip in c1. Qcode 53 Memory init error. No POST
    I reset bios to defaults and put one ram chip in d1. Qcode 53 Memory init error. No POST

placed the same chip in a1 and no errors.

please note again: i have only the LEATX12V_2 8 pin power and the 24 pin mobo main power connected as stated in my first post. Can that cause C1 and D1 to fail?
    Last edited by mprahladka; 02-21-2014 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mprahladka View Post
    please note again: i have only the LEATX12V_2 8 pin power and the 24 pin mobo main power connected as stated in my first post. Can that cause C1 and D1 to fail?
    No it cannot which is why I did not say anything about it.

Your board has an issue if it will not pick up DIMMs in those slots. Suggest you check the socket caerfully and if you cannot get DIMMs to recognise in those slots to RMA it. If the new board you get back from RMA does the same, then could be CPU.

-Raja

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array abvolt's Avatar

I could not use the XMP setting for my memory, try it without the XMP enabled..
    Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
    NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
    Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

ROG Member Array

Well I'll RMA the board alright for the ram slots. But what about stabilizing the system with just 16GB memory that is plugged in and detected fine right now?

It has never tripped in general use. As soon as I launch a graphic intensive game and boom it restarts. Pity that I built the system to game and that's the only thing I cannot do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mprahladka View Post
    Well I'll RMA the board alright for the ram slots. But what about stabilizing the system with just 16GB memory that is plugged in and detected fine right now?

It has never tripped in general use. As soon as I launch a graphic intensive game and boom it restarts. Pity that I built the system to game and that's the only thing I cannot do with it.

If the board is faulty due to a short or something it is best not to use it. That's why I advised an RMA. We usually think things through before we respond to you guys here. The fact the board will not pick up a single DIMM in those slots after CMOS clear at defaults, means that something is not right with either the board itself or the CPU. In such situations, trying to stabilise the system can be an uphill and fruitless battle.

-Raja

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast