cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Formula Q code 20max

jorgeiten
Level 7
Hi, I have a MB Maximus V Formula, I just turn on my pc, and the screen is black, I have this build for 6 months. The QCode displayed is 20, I search around the internet and couldnt find anything real important.
My Config:
Maximus V Formula
Intel core i7 3770k
Corsair vengeance 8gb 1866mhz

What I have done:
Change the memory slot.
Remove the heatsink and install it again.

Does anyone have a tip?
17 REPLIES 17

Nate152

jorgeiten
Level 7
I have just one stick of ram right now. But if it is a memory issue, shouldn't I be able to see bios settings?

Nate152
If it is not posting, you will not get to the bios. If you're familiar with the bios update procedure, go ahead and update to the latest version.

jorgeiten
Level 7
I updated my bios about 3 months ago, I think it is up to date. The screen shows nothing that's what I think weird. When I have built my pc, I forgot to plug the heatsink in the power supply and I stopped on UEFI settings telling me that. Anyway, is the q-code 20 related to memory issues?

Nate152
It could be. Try clearing the cmos with the green button on the back of the motherboard. Shut down your pc and hold this button in for a slow count of 3 then sart your pc.

jorgeiten
Level 7
I did, no success, same thing 😕

Nate152
OK, I know this might sound odd but can you remount your cpu cooler and do not over tighten it.

jorgeiten
Level 7
I have tried with the cooler not tight. With just one pin tightened, with two, nothing seems to change.

Nate152
check the 24 pin main power and the cpu power connectors are clicked into place. Also check the gpu power connections.