cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Connect Specifications

DefcomX
Level 7
Hi,

I was wondering if there is any chance of getting specifications on the ROG connect hardware/software. I recently bought a Maximus VI Formula and plan on doing a rather ambitious mod which I would like to include a 7" touch screen display with a custom written interface for managing fans and system monitoring which will go with my build theme, I plan on using a udoo to run the setup and thought about routing all the fans through the udoo to control them via pulse width modulation, however this does not give me any temperature feed back and I would like the option for the board to control the fans (unless over-ridden) is there any chance I could get specifications on the ROG connect system so I can interface directly with it, it really would make the whole project so much easier and would also mean I can display such information as CPU frequency etc...

Thanx, any help is much appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

HiVizMan
Level 40
I am fairly certain that a) the rog connect project is no longer ongoing due to the changes in hardware, and b) even if it was ongoing ASUS would not be comfortable with releasing the source code.

I think you can do what you are aiming on doing with the OC panel that come with the newer boards.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanx for the reply HiViz,

I knew it was a long shot at best. I will look into the OC panel a bit more but I'm fairly sure it does not have what I am looking for, I really want to take advantage of the OpenGL capabilities (being a software developer) of the Udoo to create a 3D interface that fits in with my mod theme to control everything (and I have been looking for a project to use it in since I bought it any way) and was hoping to do so via it's GPIO pins. If Asus exposes the fan temperature feedback to windows via dlls using the Win32_TemperatureProbe class I should be able to write a driver to communicate with the Udoo via an internal USB header and pass along the relevant information, I have already found what I need to get this information from the GPU (both nVidia and ATI) it just means I wont be able to take advantage of their inbuilt fan temperature/speed control curve and will have to design my own.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Look what I can do is ask on your behalf, no promises that anything will come of it but what harm can asking do eh?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanx HiViz, any help is much appreciated.