cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this block faulty? *solved*

Nephelim
Level 7
Just got this unpacked and I noticed in the right chamber that the "waterflow path" isnt alligned with the threaded "hole" like on the left chamber. I've tried googling for images of the R4BE block but not any of them have pictures facing from the front, making me unable to see down the hole.

12 REPLIES 12

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I think that's OK....you can see on this clear block the channel ends oriented more to the right side despite the picture being taken from not the ideal angle I think you can tell OK...

Nephelim
Level 7
Yeah, while looking at that it appears as its intended. But then this picture dont show the same steep cutdown to the right

I got hold of the vendor that ensured me that this is the way its supposed to look and nothing is wrong with the block.

I still think it looks odd but I guess im just beeing paranoid 😉

Cheers Arne 🙂

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah you can see it in that pic too just not showing quite the same I guess...lighting? Al good enjoy the loop building...EK stuff has always been top notch for me...

Nephelim
Level 7
Thanks!

Its the first loop and is built mainly for asthetics, I know adding RAM-blocks and full board blocks wont make a huge diffrence for me but I want it done properly. All my blocks are EK and all my fittings are Bitspower since they are the ones rating higest. Them Bitspower fittings sure dont come cheap either 🙂

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Well you get what you pay for and when it comes to filling your PC with water I'd rather spend a bit extra. Yeah RAM blocks and board blocks are not strictly needed cooling wise but look nice and that's important too. VRM block a very good idea...

What have you got pumping at the heart of that loop?

Nephelim
Level 7
It's a dual loop configuration. One for cpu+ board and one for gpu and both beeing pumped by swiftech mcp655 pumps in bitspower dressing kits 😛

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Perfect...great pumps...I put the EK X top on my pair for the improved flow...they are silent and give great flow....