cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to setup RST and other junk

BoDenKai
Level 7
Hello everyone. This is my first post on ROG WOOT!. Anyways, I have been trying for the past couple months to have my HDD's and SSD's setup how I want it. On my Dell Inspirion 14z Ultrabook, it has a 32gb msata ssd and a 500gb hdd installed. It was just a few clicks to have RST setup and running. Now for my custom PC, I am running the following components:

Corsair Obsidian 350D Case
Asus Maximus Vi Gene Rev 1.xx
Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.8Ghz
4x 4GB Corsair Vengance Black (16GB) @ 1600Mhz
Antec Khuler 1250 AIO
ELSA nVidia GTX 760
Intel WLAN w/ Bluetooth
Ultra D0910 750W ATX Power Supply

In Hardware Raid: (Dont Judge, the drives were free)
1X Western Digital Green Drive WD20EARX
1X Western Digital Green Drive WD20EARS

Individual:
Samsung 840 PRO 120GB (Boot Drive)
CSS 32GB (Japanese Brand SSD)

With all of this installed, the UEFI does not show either SSD. the two green drives will only be on raid when I use SATA port 7 & 8 (Top Column) which I believe are on the extra SATA controller. If I put these on the Intel driven SATA ports, they will not go into a "hardware" style RAID. So these occupy SATA ports 7 & 8. On SATA ports 1 & 2,(Bottom Column) I have the Samsung 840 Pro on port 1 and the CSS on port 2. Neither of these will not show in the UEFI no matter which of the ports I install them on, unless they are the only drive installed. So I will have just the Samsung boot drive and then the UEFI will recognize it, If I install the two green drives in, then the SSD disappers from the drives listed, but it still will list the Samsung as a boot drive if I go the the "Boot Override". Same thing happens with the CSS SSD as well and any optical drives if I do have them installed for some reason.

When I finally boot into Windows 8.1, I can go into Disk Management, and every drive shows up, besides the RAID showing as a raid, which is normal. When I try to get into the Intel Rapid Start Technology program, it only shows the RAID array. I recently tried to switch the SATA ports to HOT SWAP, and now it shows "Internal Empty Port ##" in Intel RST program. So this program specifically cannot see either SSD's.

Before trying this, I had installed Windows as AHCI, I did the "quick fix" to have it in RAID mode by changing boot mode to safe mode and going into UEFI and switching to RAID then booting into windows as SAFE. and then restarted.

the Asmedia driver is updated with ROG's newest driver yesterday (20140223) along with all of the intel drivers.

All I want is to be able to use this extra little 32GB SSD as a Cache for my RAID. Ive read about it, it works so I want it. Please help meeeeeee!
1 REPLY 1

BoDenKai
Level 7
Well after some very thorough research, I experimented with some **** and got everything to show.