Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

I would recommend the Surface Pro or Pro 2, they are very good (non-gaming) systems, especially for students. The type cover works pretty well, but the touch cover stinks.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

New ROGer Array

I couldn't honestly recommend a G75 ROG notebook for your purposes as the ROGs have always been quite heavy since their inception. They are also becoming less and less reliable over the last three years. The one I bought 18 months ago went back on RMA 8 times in the first 10 months of warranty so Asus had it longer than I did. After one last try with a new G75 I decided to return it for a refund. So I'm out of Asus and ROGs and I will miss them, but the signs of rot are there for all with eyes to see and an analytical mind. I was really torn to find that Asus let Microsoft's pathetic '8' bully them into creating a BIOS and that ensures no matter how much you've paid for your G75 ROG, you will NEVER own it. Microsoft does now and always will. If you don't believe it try to install any other OS and find out what happens. No to Linux. No to even Windows 7. Now I realize many Windows gamers won't care about this reality (as long as they can escape into their fantasy worlds) as studies show that almost 99% of them have likely never even skimmed the 'Windows Privacy Agreement' let alone read all 46 pages. If they did, they would no longer feel so good about Windows in general, and '8' in particular.
    I know some one will say this is all rubbish. Others will say they installed Linux on a G75 ROG no problem. Well talk is cheap so prove it by writing down a step-by-step procedure from the BIOS changes required, to the successful instal -l and post it here. Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bofire View Post
    I couldn't honestly recommend a G75 ROG notebook for your purposes as the ROGs have always been quite heavy since their inception. They are also becoming less and less reliable over the last three years. The one I bought 18 months ago went back on RMA 8 times in the first 10 months of warranty so Asus had it longer than I did. After one last try with a new G75 I decided to return it for a refund. So I'm out of Asus and ROGs and I will miss them, but the signs of rot are there for all with eyes to see and an analytical mind. I was really torn to find that Asus let Microsoft's pathetic '8' bully them into creating a BIOS and that ensures no matter how much you've paid for your G75 ROG, you will NEVER own it. Microsoft does now and always will. If you don't believe it try to install any other OS and find out what happens. No to Linux. No to even Windows 7. Now I realize many Windows gamers won't care about this reality (as long as they can escape into their fantasy worlds) as studies show that almost 99% of them have likely never even skimmed the 'Windows Privacy Agreement' let alone read all 46 pages. If they did, they would no longer feel so good about Windows in general, and '8' in particular.
    I know some one will say this is all rubbish. Others will say they installed Linux on a G75 ROG no problem. Well talk is cheap so prove it by writing down a step-by-step procedure from the BIOS changes required, to the successful instal -l and post it here. Any takers?
    Yes, me.
    1) Boot into the BIOS, and turn off Secure Boot and turn on launch CSM.
    2) Boot a bootable LINUX USB key and install.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi, actually I'm also quite keen to install Linux especially Red hat for my work purposes but I am not sure how do I go about it. Is there anybody who can provide me with the full installation guide for it on G750JX? I had tried install on my other normal laptop but it fail, I can't use the wireless, a lot guide shown online but I don't really seems to have the same screen as them

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bofire View Post
    first this is a G750 forum. did you mean that or G75?
    but, instead of jumping in here and posting complete rubbish you could try reading the forums first and get your facts straight.
    i can tell you from personal experience you can install windows 8, windows 7, ubuntu, linux mint and even OS X mavericks.
    i have all of these right now. see my sig.
    i will certainly not write down step-by-step procedures for you as they are already are on this forum.
    read and learn.
    Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
    1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
    free bag and mouse
    win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4