cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doesn't play nice with Intel RSTe

Xyzzy_Frobozz
Level 7
The fight continues!

I have been experiencing extremely long load times at the Windows 7 loading screen. I noticed this started when I started loading drivers from the RIVE disk. Prior to this load times into Windows were extremely impressive in UEFI mode.

In an effort to isolate the problem, I re-installed Windows and loaded the drivers manually. I have isolated the source of the problem to Intel Rapid Storage Technology enterprise. As soon as I load IRST the load times into Windows instantly become much, much slower.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, can you suggest a fix/workaround?

Thanks!
- Rampage IV Extreme - i7 3820 - 16Gb Corsair Dominator GT - Asus RAIDR 240Gb - 4 x Corsair Force 3 240Gb - Corsair HX1050 - 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 1Tb - 2 x Asus GTX 780ti - Asus Xonar Phoebus - Corsair H100 - Corsair Carbide 400t -
7 REPLIES 7

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Are you using a RAID setup? if not, get rid of IRST as that's used mostly for RAID configs 🙂

Yes.

I will be using two different RAID arrays, one on the Intel controller, the other on the AsMedia controller.

Having filled the X79's paltry four SATA 3 ports was the reason I purchased the RAIDR, so I need to get them to be civil to each other.

😛
- Rampage IV Extreme - i7 3820 - 16Gb Corsair Dominator GT - Asus RAIDR 240Gb - 4 x Corsair Force 3 240Gb - Corsair HX1050 - 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 1Tb - 2 x Asus GTX 780ti - Asus Xonar Phoebus - Corsair H100 - Corsair Carbide 400t -

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
You can't use RAID with ASMedia ports. The ASM ports are only for Data Drives/Optical Drives.

A BIOS update may be necessary too, to get TRIM support for your SSD's(if you use them)

What's your hardware list please?

No, the Asmedia are SATA 3 6gb/s controllers and (software) RAID compatible.

- Rampage IV Extreme - BIOS v4802
- i7 3820
- 16Gb Corsair Dominator GT 2133
- Asus RAIDR 240Gb
- 4 x Corsair Force 3 GS 240Gb
- 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 1Tb
- 2 x Asus GTX 780ti
- Asus Xonar Phoebus
- Corsair H100
- Corsair HX1050

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
I know they're SATA 3 ports mate, but they are not RAID compatible. Look in your manual, there is nothing said about them being RAID compatible. In the manual for my Rampage IV Formula, it says they are for Data drives only....as it will say so in your RIVE manual also.

You're right, I wasn't aware of that, so thanks for pointing it out.

In any case, it's by-the-by, as I'm happy enough to have an extended volume across the drives connected to those ports.

The original problem remains, as I do intend on having a RAID array on the Intel ports.

Any ideas?

:confused:

Xyzzy_Frobozz
Level 7
Weird.

Just re-started my PC and it was very quick to load Windows. I'll monitor it over the next few hours and see what happens. Perhaps something was installing in the background?

:confused: :confused: :confused: