cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Build Log) Porject Abyss The Awakening

Wutdo
Level 7

Hi all back for the new year with a new build, firstly after my previous attempt of a desk build I found that it took me months to build and mad far too many mistakes such as ventilation, no base, to square, poor build quality just to name a few. So this year I've decided to make a follow up project to get it all right and this time I've Been far more motivated. Hope you like the build. I will be recycling the computers from the previous build although adding more water cooling parts and possibly a 2nd GPU and fans lots of fans.

Quick Sketch up of the plan

Not sure if I will need 3 monitors might settle for 2

and we come to the build

and the finally the fan holes for that much needed ventilation
Wutdo
11 REPLIES 11

hero1
Level 7
Now this is a monster of a desk. Subbed!
i7 4770K| ASUS Maximus VI Formula| G. Skill Ripjaws Z 16 GB 1866 MHz| 256 Samsung 830| AMD R9 290X CF| Silverstone S. E 1000W| Creative SB Z| Samsung DVDRW| Dell 27" U2713HM| Logitech G710+| Corsair M60 and G27 Racing Wheel| Sennheiser PC 350
Cooling: 2 x 360 mm EKWB XTX rads, EK-D5 Vario w/ Plexi Top, X3 Res, Supr Plexi Copper, CSQ fittings, Noctua Fans

hero1 wrote:
Now this is a monster of a desk. Subbed!

Cheers.

Little update will be running 2 pumps for the loop as aposed to the single pump from previous build and along with my 6 original scythe ultra kaze Fans for the radiators i will have an aditional 3 scythe slip stream fans on the other side over the home server and 4 Scythe Slip Stream Slim along the back so hopefully i wont have the same problems with ventilation as i encountered with previous build will also have a NZXT Sentry mix 2 6ch fan controller for the 6 ultra kaze fans hoping to iliminate a power issue i encountered with my BitFenix HYDRA-Pro 5ch unit.
Monday i will be getting to the base of the desk and cutting the holes for cables and hopefully if i have time i will cut and mount the back devider for the cable management, along with pulling the old desk apart to clean the watercooling parts and get it ready to mount into the new desk. fingers crossed the build will be complete mid march. will update with a lot more progress and some photos soon.
Wutdo

jmoorez2001
Level 10
wow awsome desk ill say cant wait to see more picx of it as u go along

jmoorez2001 wrote:
wow awsome desk ill say cant wait to see more picx of it as u go along

can only say the same have been unindated with many hours of overtime for work and have had to let it sit wating to be finished.
in all i am hoping to get the last cuts made some time this week so i can get to the painting thinking a nice gunmetal colour should look nice
Wutdo

Very cool design. I build kitchen cabinets in my spare time and I think you did a great job on the different angle's of this desk, they are very sharp and clean. looking forward to seeing more.

immaturegizzmoe wrote:
Very cool design. I build kitchen cabinets in my spare time and I think you did a great job on the different angle's of this desk, they are very sharp and clean. looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers bud i honestly wanted to do something different as a lot of the desk builds are pretty much rectangles they all come out looking good but i just wanted to try something different for the build...

And than there was an update.. finally got a chance to get back into said garage and get some more work done as we speak the first coat of paint is on and drying and will re-coat in a few hours

hoping to get the last of the painting done before i go back to work and than all thats left will be assembly

hopefully have it up and finished in the next week or 2
Wutdo

jthm4goth
Level 7
This is probably the best desk build I have ever seen. Most aee so generic but this one is different and I love it. Looks like a command center to me.

Wutdo
Level 7
2nd last update
Desk is painted finally and have started fitting parts both radiators, fans and the stand offs for the motherboards will hopefully have it up and running by next weekend but for now its back to work.

Wutdo

Wutdo
Level 7
And finally finished it photos arent great will take some nice ones after finish cleaning up

Wutdo