cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV hang when trying to install USB drivers

jnormen
Level 9
Hi

Got strange problem. When trying to install AI suite 3 and it reach the USB drivers the computer totally freeze.

Today I tried to install Logitech drivers for my g400s mouse. Same problem when it tries to install it an probably reach something that interact with the USB drivers or so it freezes.

I do not have problem get my USB units to work, just problem install special drivers using the USB.

This is really odd, the motherboard is new 1 week, it has latest bios.

Any clue? The hardware are all the same as my older Motherboard also a Asus one. And that one had no problem installing USB drivers.

Windows 8 - 64bit version
Intel LGA 2011
32 Mb Ram Corsair
Corsair 750w PSU
Asus GTX 680
3 SSD (Samsing pro x2 and one OZC)
2 Harddrives WD (2t and one 3t)

best, Johan
9 REPLIES 9

HiVizMan
Level 40
As far as I am aware AISuite III is not compatible with the RIVE board. You need to use AISuite 2
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

jnormen
Level 9
ok, but that does not explain why I cant install logitech mouse gaming drivers for my G400s, it freeze like Ai Suite 3 (took it from the motherboard application page)... I did not install the AIS 3 because of the freeze. But now I got the same problem installing mouse drivers...

And it all seams to be related to USB units or drivers affecting USB.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Do you have a brand new OS or is the OS you are using the same on that you used before?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

The mouse works well with Win default drivers. But I do not get access to all the buttons 😕 I do have an i1 Pro calibrator for my monitor. USB as well shall try to install the drivers for that one and see if I got the same problem too.

jnormen
Level 9
new installation. But I have installed int like 3 times though when I updated it to 8.1 all got slow, disc read, game fps went low etc.
And on first win 8 pro I got the freeze problem when installing AI Suite USB 3 drivers (for the load boost).

On win 8.1 Standard I got the same problem.
So I formatted my ssd and install a clean win 8 standard version not updated to 8.1 (Have MSDN Subscription that why I got access to all those version.)

HiVizMan
Level 40
Your issue is connected to the other thread you have going at the same time. The USB driver thing.

I would not install those drivers, or think about changing the USB hardware that is causing this chaos.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Your issue is connected to the other thread you have going at the same time. The USB driver thing.

I would not install those drivers, or think about changing the USB hardware that is causing this chaos.

jnormen
Level 9
maybe its related, I don't know, but why does CPUz freeze my computer?
it act different than the USB drivers issues.

Ai 3 USB 3.0 boost (freeze computer at install)
Logitech install device driver (USB mouse) freeze computer at install (think it tries to add USB drivers not sure
CPUz - slow down the computer stop mouse from working, keyboard works (can press ctrl-alt-delete) but after a while freeze the whole computer.

Really odd...

jnormen
Level 9
I found the problem. It was the DVD drive. I don't know why it does not work found in another thread that ppl seam to get rid of the problem by removing the SATA from the DVD or disable dynamic ticks.

Don't know why I cant use my DVD but now it works...