cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite + BitDefender AV

PowerOver9K
Level 9
Any news on when Asus is going to fix their incompat. /w BitDefender AV? I use it or Kaspersky because they are often rated among the best however when you load up AI Suite III and BitDefender together you will almost immediately BSOD again'st the .dll's of Asus Suite. You can google around, seems like a common problem.
Mobo: Rampage IV BE | CPU: i7-4930@4.5ghz Hexacore | RAM: 32GB Corsair V-Pro | GPU: 4xR9 290X Quadfire | PSU: eVGA P2 SuperNOVA 1000W\G2 850W | Chassis: NZXT Phantom 820 | Cooling: XSPC Raystorm CPU Block\4xEK 290X Block\2x Laing D5\XSPC Dual Bay Res\Phobya G-Changer 1080 External Rad\Alphacool 140UT60\XSPC AX360 | Fan Con: Lamptron CW611 | Tube: Primochill Adv. LRT Bloodshed Red | 3xCrossover 27" 2560x1440 Monitors | Build Log of Insanity
7 REPLIES 7

redkiteyorks
Level 7
Unfortunately there are loads of us all over the globe who are having the same problem and neither ASUS not Bitdefender will do anything about it. Its been a problem since AISuitev2. After a recent rebuild on an new ASUS Z87 build, I took it up with Bitdefender who doggedly claim:
"This is due to the NDIS ASUS driver (WinpkFilter LightWeight Filter), which prevents the installation of some Bitdefender files. Microsoft only recommends the use of this kind of NDIS drivers (like the one ASUS uses for the software) in controlled test environments. As a workaround for this situation, we recommend uninstalling the ASUS AI Suite software"
I unistalled AISuite to let Bitdefender run and then tried to reinstall it, but once Bitdefender is up and running it blocks AISuite for good and will not accept a scanning exception. (It now also blocks ASUS ROG Realbench v2. Unlike AISuite, it is possible to list Realbench in the Bitdefender scan exceptions, but once you do that you lose some Bitdefender auto functions and Realbench won't function properly either).
My next step was to contact ASUS tech support but at first I just got the brush off. The guy I was corresponding with just didn't understand what I was talking about, or didn't want to. I tried to explain that we dedicated ASUS customers who build up our own machines really do need A1 Suite particularly as a monitoring and tweaking tool just after a build. I asked that the tech and marketing guys at ASUS open talks with Bitdefender. After 6 emails to J--- L- in ASUS tech support, he promised to refer it up. I ask to be kept informed but have heard zilch - I think he hopes I will go away.
It has been suggested to me that I still simply stop using Bitdefender - and Bitdefender suggest I stop trying to use AISuite! Why should I? I have 7 months more to run on my Bitdefender contract and I'm a loyal ASUS customer! It's not good enough for two big corporations to ignore the customer once they have got the cash from us. We are just two of thousands of ASUS customers in the same boat and we, rightly, expect more of the great guys at ASUS! Come on ASUS - solve this for us - please!!!

redkiteyorks wrote:
and Bitdefender suggest I stop trying to use AISuite! Why should I? I have 7 months more to run on my Bitdefender contract!

Hello

I would suggest stop using Bitdefender. Other virus utilities don't have this issue.

Thanks for the comment, Praz, but that really misses the point. All of us are no strangers to the inevitable problem of software conflict but we are talking two major players here, ASUS and Bitdefender, both of which employ teams of real geniuses who easily are capable of solving this conflict if they would only talk to each other. It's really not good enough for the ASUS camp to say 'stop using Bitdefender' and the Bitdefender camp to say ' It's ASUS's fault, not ours'.
Of course there are loads of other AV solutions but I bought a 3-machine annual Bitdefender contract. I have it running on my 'premier' machine - a recent ASUS Z87 i7-4771build, a lappie, and on an old ASUS P7P55D build (with AISuitev1 happily co-existing with Bitdefender). For me, Bitdefender is a really good AV solution. Of course I might have to junk it but really shouldn't have to.
What I really want to happen is for one of you well respected moderators (and thanks for the great job you do) who just might have a contact in ASUS (or know someone who does) to push ASUS marketing, product support , and software development to open a line of communication to their counterparts at Bitdefender and find a workaround that they can promulgate. It's not difficult - it just requires a willingness to accept that there is a problem that thousands of their customers have that needs solving. It's not acceptable to say - 'Hard luck mate, we've already got your cash, what do we care!' ASUS is a superb company, with superb products and a great staff - I just want them to live up to reputation on customer care.
Love and Peace to all

Praz
Level 13
Hello

I think the fact that other AV utilities don't have this issue points to who is at fault here. Also, as noted above Bitdefender cause problems with RealBench. There have been no other reports of programs/utilities causing issues with RealBench that I'm aware of.

Veracis
Level 7
I had the same issue during installation of bitdefender only. After looking around I finally found someone who mentioned the conflict was only during the installation process. Recommendation was uninstall AI Suite, install bitdefender, reinstall AI suite.

I did just that and have not had an issue since with either AI Suite III or Bitdefender and both are running all the time.
i7-4770k @4.2 | EVGA 780ti | Maximus VI Hero | Seasonic 1000W Platinum | Seidon 120v AIO
Trident X 16GB 2400 | Samsung EVO 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | CM 690 III

Logitech G400 Mouse | G710 Keyboard | Razor gaming headset
ROG Swift pg278q G-Sync Monitor

Are you absolutely sure??

Bandit
Level 7
I have both. I never had a problem installing AISuite lll, but then always installed it well after bitdefender was installed.

However, like many others I have been plagued with AI crashing (kernelbase.dll sound familiar?) at rather random times. It will also, on occasion, pop-up an endlessly repeating number of error message windows, each indicating that it is out of resources. With 32 gigs of RAM, resources don't run out. And I checked.

I used the special uninstall app., and reinstalled. In one or two days crashed again, and continues to do so. What year is this?

If it continues to act up, it's outta here, and I'll use speedfan.