cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Solo Case Mod Aventure

Retired
Not applicable
I am no artist and I am much better with my tools than Paint. But here is what I made...

I would like to get some peoples opinions here. The case is going to be an acrylic cylinder with two 250cm fans on both sides for push/pull. I intend on going to Walmart, a place where I am banned but that is another story entirely, and get a solid plastic see through shower rod and chop it down and use it for stands where I can put the motherboard screws and pegs to hold down the PSU. What do you guys think?

So a little background info. This case mod has resulted in the FBI showing up to my house already and I haven't even started putting it together yet! I guess I was inquiring to the wrong people. My original idea was to make a missile or a old soviet IED. I went to the National Guard base and asked if I could see some of the missiles that you can see from 100 yards up close from the outside. A few days later the FBI showed up and we played 20 questions. They sure took their sweet time to investigate a suspected terrorist. I felt it was in everyone's best interest if I scaled back a little bit and this is what I came up with.
8 REPLIES 8

chrsplmr
Level 18
Did you point out to them that you live to close to blow anything up over there. Finally we come to the foundation of
the world terrorist nerve center.....your computer mod. I feel so safe now that you have been exposed...you, you ROG'r U.

No HomeDepot or Lowes kind of store about? Old guy hard ware stores are great treasure troves also...fruit for thought.
From what I have seen..the trick to a real finished look on a clear case is all in the exposed hardware...screws, nuts ect...
run of the mill? blah.... Old Guy Hardware Store? hehehehe

Best of Luck....sounds awesome,,,you already have the three things that will make this MOD pop....... A Vision, Determination and....ROG.

PS:::: Any day you can get the FBI to knock on your door and play 20 questions with you and then they just LEAVE, is a GOOOOOOOD day. Talk about humorless human beings.....Thats when you wish you had that full size Crysis2 Promo Gun on your
desk....hahahhahahaha....thnx.c. (Did you see that 'thing' in plain view?...Better get a warrant....they kick the door in @ 3am and your sitting in your underware and camo mask play'n Battlefield3...hahahhaa)Like most of us would be.c.

G4MER
Level 9
So kinda like that Case that was made from a Pony Keg?
WINNER Of: iBUYPOWER / ASUS - GAMER PALADIN Z68

CPU - 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Processor
MoBo - Maximus IV Extreme-Z
ODD - BLU-RAY Reader Combo Drive
PSU - 850W Extreme Gaming Series Power Supply
VGA - ASUS GTX 570 DirectCU II (1 GB)
Memory - 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory – Corsair Vengeance
Audio - ASUS Xonar DX
Networking - Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card
Hard Drive - 60GB SSD SATA III 6Gb/s – Single Drive

( I WAS A G4MER, WHEN G4MING WAS UNCOOL )

Retired
Not applicable
It will be 100% made out of acrylic mats.

Having actually worked on the Beer Keg that Bennyboy made, I can tell you its completely different and will be far easier to work on.

chrsplmr
Level 18
This is going to be good, isnt it? yes it is....
I saw that thread with the keg.... that was perseverance over reason there..awesomeness.
We will be waiting.....

G4MER
Level 9
I may have to look into the Clear Shower Rod idea. 😉

Audio - ASUS Xonar DX

Retired
Not applicable
I am researching how I can discretely put LED's into the bottom of each of the pillars so it has its LED effect going on without it looking garfunkeled with wires on the bottom of the tube with 100 wires.

G4MER
Level 9
Maybe do a silver tape in a grove? then your wire, and maybe spots of hot glue to hold the wires in place?

Audio - ASUS Xonar DX

Cyrekk
Level 10
I am looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I was actually talking with SightUp about this mod before the FBI visited. I thought that was hilarious when he told me... Now I have to hear the Wal-Mart story...

Oh yeah, *subbed* 🙂
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS