cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g74sx key arrows and optical drive problem

Retired
Not applicable
The key arrows left and right seems to have a problem, whenever I push and hold it lightly, it will go for a bit then stop and I have to push it in hard for it to non stop. This seems not to happened on other keys when I push it lightly.
The optical drive used to be fine before but then now it started to have squeaky noise when I put a disc into it.
Please help!
2 REPLIES 2

JRd1st
Level 12
How hard are you pressing those keys? Do you think that maybe you broke something?

Concerning the keys problem; if you didn't do it already, you should update to BIOS 202 and ATK 1.0.0010. If the keyboard problems still happen, you may have to RMA unless someone else has an idea. 😉

With the optical drive; you're saying it squeaks when you "put a disc into it" or when it's spinning with a disc in it? (Sorry to split hairs, but there's a difference to me. 😉 ) Unless you see dust or something in there that you can clean out, you may have a real problem. Try getting a can of something like Dust-Off and shoot a few short bursts into the drive. ALSO, maybe the head (the part that reads the disc) is gunked up somehow. I think they make cleaning discs for that. If you buy one, get a good brand, not a cheapo one.

Hope something here helps you. Good luck! 🙂
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Chastity
Level 10
If the ODD continues to give you issues, and the kb too, then RMA it so we can swap them out for new parts.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]