cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone still rock an Rampage Extreme?

Retired
Not applicable
I got this Mobo a year ago and I've been rocking it ever since, the only problem I've ever encountered is the Chassis Intruded block in bios boot up, but easy enough to solve.

My current system is:
Rampage Extreme Mobo
Wolfdale E8600
XFX Radeon HD 4890
4 GB Patriot Memory
1 TB Western Digital Drive

Now that I am back in town with my rig and proper guidance, Ill be overclocking this rig hardcore over the weekend, probably drop a SSD in and swap memory out as needed, with some Water, DICE and maybe LN2 to push this baby to the max.
11 REPLIES 11

Retired
Not applicable
any pics of the rig?

Retired
Not applicable
Not at the Moment Brian, My Motherboard is covered in dragon skin, getting used to Bench. I used it last weekend and I'm going to be pushing some FSB out of it this weekend too with another fun filled LN2 bench session, I'll take some pics of our test bench area and throw them up in the OverClock section if Travis hasn't already.

Brian_y_
Level 7
Long live the Rampage Extreme!!

I still rock mine out every now and then. Actually about to give it another go. After all the abuse it still pushes 01 at 6.5GHz with a E8600.

V2-V3
Level 8
Here is a pic of the X48 beast!

Retired
Not applicable
My favorite board ever. Mine won't run high memory clocks anymore (2:3) but it still runs high FSB. I wish you could still buy these boards new, how bout a re-issue? 😄

clubfoot
Level 7
I still use mine as a 24/7 gaming rig,...not hardcore as some of you, but it's got to be one of the best motherboards I've ever purchased and used on a daily basis. Long Live the REX.:D
The Asus Maximus VI Hero Club

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO, i4770K@4.5, Corsair H100i, 16G G.Skill Trident X @2400, MSI7950 xFire, C: Samsung EVO 250G SSD RAID0, BenQ XL2420Z, LG BD burner, Corsair RM1000i, Antec DF-85.

Retired
Not applicable
any of you selling your Asus Rampage ex x48?

Retired
Not applicable
Here is my Rampage Extreme setup. I've been getting the "New CPU installed" error everytime the system starts. I've already tried to do a CMOS reset, CMOS battery replacement, BIOS Flash and CPU re-seating but the error is still there. Is the bios chip faulty?

Retired
Not applicable
I still run one. But I'm wanting to kick it to the curb. I hate it.