cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop powering off by itself..

psychosocial81
Level 7
Hello everyone,

My rog laptop is 4 months old, and twice now while using it it shut down completely, just like if there was a power outage. I keep my laptop plugged and the battery out seeing I rarely have to go out with it.

Long story short, was wondering if its something I should worry about? Or is it something that can happen here and there sometimes ( and not get worse ).

First time happened when I was gaming, the other time ( today ) I was just browsing the net. Checked my wires all seemed in place, if I press power it opens up like nothing happens 😕

I did checked online here and there and mainly it goes saying that the laptop shuts down when overheating, I do leave my laptop open all do on power4gear high performance.

Where I live its always between -20 to -50 celcius... so Im routing out the warm ambiant temperature lol.

Is there something I could check out?
4 REPLIES 4

anphi
Level 8
Is your laptop model a G750JX-T4059H?? Cause im having the same issue here. It happened twice as well....both while gaming and its definitely not due to overheating. GPU temp was only around 60ºC that time. Ive upgraded the bios to 209 and the problem hasnt occured since then..

My model is G750JX-DH71

I tried running an update thru the asus app on the computer but nothing... where did you get your bios update?

anphi
Level 8
Asus app will not update the bios ever. You need to download the bios file from g750jx support page. Then boot your pc into bios mode and flash it from there.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Sit on 208, apparently 209 has problems? Not sure if they're fixed yet.