cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dont upgrade your G53SX BIOS to ver 205 !!

Retired
Not applicable
Any of you successfully update the BIOS to the 205?

because me and my friend just did and the BIOS is not working

so both of our laptop is dead now, and we found it hard to believe that it is our fault because we've been doing lots of BIOS update on our previous PC/Laptop and we never had a problem until this one

so it's either the BIOS is f**ked up or we just had one hell of a super bad coincident that both of us failed at the BIOS update which is impossible given that we did the right step

or Asus put the wrong BIOS on the support section

after just buying a $1300 laptop, now we have to spend it for another Mobo :mad:
10 REPLIES 10

Kipper
Level 10
Sorry to hear this. It's late and Sunday so check back tomorrow when some of the ASUS folks will be back on the forum.

i'm sorry man. it always sucks to brick anything. especially a high end laptop.

don't take this the wrong way. but when it failed on one laptop, why did you guys move on to the next?

also, good rule of thumb for bios updating, unless there is some specific issue that will be fixed by updating, it's not worth the risk.

Retired
Not applicable
Yeah, well, it was me at first who update my BIOS, then i told my friend that i did it as usual using Easy Flash and failed

he didnt really believe and he tried, and bamm.. same thing happened, that is why we come up with the thought that that BIOS is wrong one from ASUS's website

well the problem i wanted to update to 205 is because of the delay at Asus logo which sometime can take up to around 15 seconds

and i know this happened to most 53SX user,

and i feel the need to upgrade it to make it gone, otherwise, i myself are not fond on updating BIOS if it's not that important

anyway, yeah i will be getting a new mobo i guess, unless, Asus can cover for my loss? not sure, because i know its my own fault

but just curious, will Asus replace my Mobo for free using the Guarantee?

---

ok after some search on many forums, looks like some people managed to update their BIOS to 205,

damn i dont know why ours failed, and we're using the same steps as them too ( Easy Flash )

oh and 1 more thing i wanted to ask

what type of the Z68 Mobo is the G53SX using? planning to get it fixed asap

well that i can understand.

like i said, i feel for you, i know how it feels to spend a bunch of money on something and have it not work.

you might be covered, especially if it comes to be acknowledged that this was a problem and not just something you or your friend caused by tinkering.

good luck on everything man.

is it still under warranty?

TweFoju wrote:
not sure, because i know its my own fault

but just curious, will Asus replace my Mobo for free using the Guarantee?

How do you figure it was your fault? Bad flashes just happen sometimes. Maybe your file was corrupted. But what a coincidence, huh?

I'm pretty sure that Chastity once wrote that bad flashes are covered under the warranty, so if you're still under warranty, then set up an RMA.

BTW, your flashdrive is supposed to be formatted to FAT 16 or FAT 32 for use with EasyFlash.

Good luck to you and your friend, dude! 🙂
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
because the laptop died and it's my cause to make it dead, well if i bring it to Asus, and i just say it died, will they actually replace my unit ? or should i just say the truth that i tried on updating BIOS and it failed?

hope they want to cover my Mobo, or if not, then i hope they would want to replace my unit

i mean i have my friend to back me up for a proof that both of our laptop is dead

oh and it is still very much under warranty as we just bought this 2 days ago

thanks guys for the concern!

when i worked for quanta doing warranty repairs, pretty much every laptop was entitled to one free motherboard. we were aware that some had problems that never manifested and some did.

asus probably works alot like that. i would take it to them and (not to be dishonest or anything) i would just say that it failed to turn on one morning.

stuff like that really happens, and usually the people handling everything will, without batting a eye, swap the board in it.

TweFoju wrote:

oh and it is still very much under warranty as we just bought this 2 days ago

Since that's the case, I'd try getting an exchange from your retailer. But I don't know what to tell you about the stuff you put on your HDD, already . . . Except maybe see if they'll swap the drives to the new unit.

Let us know what happens. 😉
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks, i will try and get it replaced, if my retailer wants to replace my unit with a new one, that;s awesome, but if not, at least i expect them to replace the mobo

will update as soon as im done

cheers