Level 7
Greetings everybody!

Quick Spec..
MB: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z "Bios 1901"
CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Vishera O.C. 4.6Ghz
CPU Cooler:Corsair hydro Series H100i CPU Cooler
MEM:GSkill RipJaws Z Series 16GB 4x4GB 2133
PS:Corsair HX Series 750W

I am having an issue with my profiles loading in bios, and not sure what I need to do. To understand everything im going to go back to what happen with my computer earlier this week.

My H100i was failing on me this past week, when i noticed my CPU cores were getting up to 60c when rendering a video. So while I RMA the cooler, I am using the stock fan cooler, and my system is set to default. I went ahead and formatted my SSD drive which has my windows on it since its almost been a year, and i wanted to start fresh with a clean system.

Once i installed Windows 8-64 I went to the vendor site and downloaded all the newly updated drivers. I was excited that there were recent updates, and noticed the Bios also had an update. So I decided to update the Bios as well. I did it this through Bios in the EZ updater.

Today I decided i needed to set my profile to preoverclock settings instead of having everything on AUTO. I selected my preOC setting profile i made back when I OC my computer, and restarted.

My system asked me to back into bios and load a profile. So i did it again, and it keeps asking me to load a profile. The only way I can boot past that screen if I load Optimize setting.

Why would it keep asking me to set a profile, when i did? Is it something with the new bios, or is it something else that could be causing this?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

csimon
Level 10
Sounds like a bad flash, this happened to me as well with the 1801 bios. I just re-flashed after setting optimized defaults (F5) and everything has been smooth ever since. I did have to remake my profiles though. No biggy.
M7H (2012) | i7-4790K @ 4.7ghz @ 1.275v | cache @ 4.4ghz @ 1.275v |16gb (2x8) Xtreem @ DDR3-2666 (11-13-13-35-1T) | GTX 770 | AX860 PSU

CVF-Z (2002) | FX-8350 @ 4.6ghz @ 1.4875v | cpu/nb @ 2600 @ 1.275v | ht @ 2600 | 8gb (2x4) Redlines (996997) @ DDR3-2133 (9-11-10-28-1T) | GTX570 | 850Z PSU

csimon wrote:
Sounds like a bad flash, this happened to me as well with the 1801 bios. I just re-flashed after setting optimized defaults (F5) and everything has been smooth ever since. I did have to remake my profiles though. No biggy.

That seem to fixed it. I was having some issues with the system making a slow boot, First it would hang at the F2/DEL to go into BIOS with Q-CODE LED Showing A2. Which IDE Detected. I am using all SATA, and non of my BIO was set to IDE. Come to find out it was my secondary HD, when unplugging it. I also noticed it mention in the manual to have your Optical drive set to sata 5&6 and you other devices in 1-4. So for 11months Ive had my seconday HD in one of the 5&6 slot and my CD in the of the 1&2 slots with my SSD. Not sure if the newly Bios was causing that issue setting a rule for me to follow, but after switching that around, the 3min post ended.

Now I dont know if this is an issue, or maybe just paranoid. But when i shut down/restart my system I am noticing FF on the QCode LED comes up. But its super fast, and it starts going through a bunch of other numbers.. FF C7 79 62 99 61 Then when it boots into windows its set at AA. So FF means Failure Found. But i dont know where. It only does it when i shut down/Restart the PC.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

0xFF is only an issue if the board stop at that hex value and does not continue booting.

Praz wrote:
Hello

0xFF is only an issue if the board stop at that hex value and does not continue booting.

Thanks for the answer i will ignore the FF unless it halts my system.

Praz
Level 13
You're welcome. 🙂