cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thief 2014 on G750JX

asd789
Level 7
Hello I've had my G750JX for over a month now and have been loving this thing as it managed to run various games at 60 FPS and provide a satisfying visual output (only Unreal Engine 3 game I've tried was Bulletstorm though I maaaaaay have to double check that it is running at 60 FPS).

At any rate I have recently purchased the new THief 2014 game, and sadly the game refuses to run at 60 FPS.
Let me state first off that I don't know how to activate Turbo Mode to up my GHz to over 2.4 even with power on, so maybe that can help in upping the FPS. So I'd like to know how to have my laptop run that.

The only setting I disabled is SSAA which upped the FPS a little, but the average I get is 36 FPS, this is with all other settings up to their max with 8x AA and both Fullscreen options on.
Anyone have this game and can provide assistance on getting a higher average FPS?
4 REPLIES 4

sasuke256
Level 7
a 770M at stock cant handle the options on max max max man, try to reduce unecessary options like tesselation paralelax fxaa (blurry aa lol) and that stuff it will work waaaaaaaaaay better, also enable exclusive fullscreen mode 🙂
ps : the turbo mode is automaticly enabled when thermals allows it (in your case : always)
laptops are always GPU limited anyway, more CPU freq. wont help..
Laptop : ASUS G750JW : i7 4700HQ - 16Gb - 2Tb HDD - GTX 765M OC (+135/500) - Full HD Matte - Win 8.1
Retiered : Toshiba L670 i5 560M/8Gb Corsair/1TB/HD5650 1Gb @ 625/800 /WD 1Tb USB3/Win7

asd789
Level 7
I have exclusive fullscreen on actually. I'll disable paralax and tesselation as when I had those off and did a Benchmark I got the frame rate up bit.
I'll try it tou later today, thanks.

balundab
Level 7
game is running 60fps on my JW with damn near every thing on maxxed, i turned off 2 things i think i cant remember what ill have to check. get XTU to oc your cpu works great for me. cheers

reka121402
Level 7
Also remember that most new games come with very generic and safe drivers. After a month or so Nvidia should release a driver optimized for newer games that might give a good fps boost. When Battlefield 4 launched I would get around 50-60fps constant, after a few patches it was in the 80fps range.