cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Cooling Tools, Urgent Help

GamerBoy
Level 7
Dear Friends,

I need some advise regarding GPU cooling tools and i am also new in cooling things. I have Cooler master glacier 240l and with expandable port, i need to use with my GPU card AMD RADEON HD 7990 so what tools and equipments will be required? I think 1 water block and what else? Please advise me ASAP it will be very kind of you. Sorry for my English.

Intel i7 3930k 3.8
Asus rampage iv extreme
kingston hyperx beast 32gb ram 2400 mhz
Corsair GT Force 120 SSD
AMD Radeon HD 7990
Cooler Master Glaceir 240 L
Cooler Master HAF XM Case

Regards,
23 REPLIES 23

Juggalo23451
Level 9

Juggalo23451 wrote:
here is a water cooling guide I made personally
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...565#post240565

This is amazing system and very experienced also. i am new in cooling system and mine is too simple, only need to know what should i have to buy for GPU like i have buy water block and what else?

kkn
Level 14
waterblock, pump ( or pump and reservoar combo ) , reservoar , tubing, fittings, radiator, fans and coolant.
and if you are going to do the CPU you will need a cpu block too.

for the 7990 i would recommend a 360 radiator ( 3x 120 fan slot )
but first of all you have to have the case for the space for radiator/radiators.

you have 3 diffrent types of reservoars, you have bay mounted, pump mounted or stand alone.
fittings there are 2 types, treaded ( barbs ) and compression ( i recommend compression fittings )

remember to take meshurments on how thick radiator you can use ( remember to add the thicknes of the fans too ).
from where your going to mount it to the closest obsticle.

kkn wrote:
waterblock, pump ( or pump and reservoar combo ) , reservoar , tubing, fittings, radiator, fans and coolant.

but first of all you have to have the case for the space for radiator/radiators.

you have 3 diffrent types of reservoars, you have bay mounted, pump mounted or stand alone.
fittings there are 2 types, treaded ( barbs ) and compression ( i recommend compression fittings )

remember to take meshurments on how thick radiator you can use ( remember to add the thicknes of the fans too ).

i have already "Cooler master glacer 240l" and its joint with MOB and now i want to connect also with GPU. So i don't think i need all of these things. My question is,

1. cooler master glacer 240l expandable right? if yes, what expandable parts i require to connect from glacer to gpu (for connecting of plastic water pipes) ?
2. i have already water block for gpu and what else need?

kkn wrote:

I have taken the measurements and 240 radiator will adjust. What is your advise about the radiator which i am mentioning below,

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14315/ex-rad-311/EK_Ultimate_Performance_CoolStream_240_XTX_Series...

Can u tell me which size of compression fittings will be use for this radiator or compatible?

Regards,

Any one help me please.

Zka17
Level 16
Ah, that CM Glacer is an All In One (AIO) cooler... even if you cut the tubing and add the VGA block to it, the rad won't be enough...

So, practically you can use only the CPU block/pump unit from it... maybe the radiator too, but certainly need to add at least an another 2x120mm one! Except the radiator, you do need a reservoir (be careful how you're mounting it, it has to be above the pump!), more tubing and some extra fans.

Not 100% sure if the Glacer has re-usable fittings... if you cut the original tubing, it may not be easy to re-attach other tubing... - you have to do your own reading about it...

Zka17 wrote:
Ah, that CM Glacer is an All In One (AIO) cooler... even if you cut the tubing and add the VGA block to it, the rad won't be enough...

So, practically you can use only the CPU block/pump unit from it... maybe the radiator too, but certainly need to add at least an another 2x120mm one! Except the radiator, you do need a reservoir (be careful how you're mounting it, it has to be above the pump!), more tubing and some extra fans.

Not 100% sure if the Glacer has re-usable fittings... if you cut the original tubing, it may not be easy to re-attach other tubing... - you have to do your own reading about it...

Like u said Glacer (for both cpu and gpu) will not enough for GPU, if i go for another one like h100i for only GPU instead of custom that wiil be fine?

Zka17
Level 16
Nah, the H100 wasn't made for graphics...

You could check the Accelero hybrid for your graphics though...