cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53SX-A1 optimize for gaming help?

Retired
Not applicable
Hey guys, this is my first laptop. Finally decided I was going to get back into PC gaming rather than consoles. Since BF3 is nearing its release date I was testing the waters with Crysis 2. Forgive my PC ignorance but how do I configure my GeForce 560M for maximum gaming power besides the really technical options like over clock? The geforce settings are a bit too overwhelming for my knowledge. If anyone could help out that would be great...

btw, is there any chance i could use the VGA input for xbox/ps3? I'm just curious if this is an input and not only an output

thanks!
22 REPLIES 22

Chastity
Level 10
Grab the new beta drivers, 285.35 Verde, as they're optimized for BF3. As for the VGA port, it's not an input.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
I have another question about the Power4Geat Hybrid. What the heck is this and why are there so many stupid options? I have 4 options which i do not care about other than performance and dimming the brightness now and then. I find i accidentally leave it in a mode I do not want and it lags my gaming!

is there a way I can just leave it on high performance and uninstall the application?

Chastity@ASUS wrote:
Grab the new beta drivers, 285.35 Verde, as they're optimized for BF3. As for the VGA port, it's not an input.

i found the driver but asus says that 268.56 is the latest one for my video card

You'll never find an up to date driver on the Asus site. Lol

Go to the link in this thread and download that driver. http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?4459-285.38-GeForce-drivers-beta-are-out

I hope it works out for you! 🙂
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
JRd1st wrote:
You'll never find an up to date driver on the Asus site. Lol

Go to the link in this thread and download that driver. http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?4459-285.38-GeForce-drivers-beta-are-out

I hope it works out for you! 🙂

thanks for the link! But i noticed most of the guys own g73/74... will this driver update still work with my G53sx? its the same graphics card but with 2gb vram...

I believe so. The G53 has been out for a while, right?

If not, you'll need to wait until someone modifies the install script.

Let us know what happens, ok? 🙂

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
ok so the installation went and finished with no errors... i went to my device manager and the driver version is 8.17.12.8538, is that what its supposed to be?

JRd1st
Level 12
That's ok. Notice that the last 5 digits make up 285.38? 🙂

285.38 is sort of shorthand so we mere mortals can remember what driver we're talkin' about. lol

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
ooooooh! much appreciated 🙂

ok another question... I really despise this Power4Gear utility... I un-installed it, will it have any negative outcome? I figured I can always have the maximum setting using the power options to maximum (battery icon on the bottom right). The reason I had to un-install it was the fact that when i moved to battery mode/efficient mode, the screen would go all white and literately blind me!

is there a point to this Power4gear?

there's a option you can turn off. it's called battery saving desktop.