cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JH Audio

xneinx
Level 7
Hi,
I've just bought a G750JH but I'm waiting the deliver... Looking at the spec description I can't understand if the Maxxaudio software that manage the audio of the laptop can create a 5.1 or 7.1 virtual Surround.
On the maxxaudio website I found the answer (MaxxSurround) but I'm not shure the software I linked is the same I'll find onboard.
Can someone explain me if there is the virtual dolby function or not?

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

hmscott
Level 12
xneinx wrote:
Hi,
I've just bought a G750JH but I'm waiting the deliver... Looking at the spec description I can't understand if the Maxxaudio software that manage the audio of the laptop can create a 5.1 or 7.1 virtual Surround.
On the maxxaudio website I found the answer (MaxxSurround) but I'm not shure the software I linked is the same I'll find onboard.
Can someone explain me if there is the virtual dolby function or not?
Thanks!

No, and MaxxAudio only works for the built-in speakers. Best audio out is via HDMI or toslink out the headphone port - or a USB external device.

TiberiusX
Level 7
If you want virtual surround from headphones, RAZER has software works pretty well.

Thanks for the answers. I'm considering to buy a Xonar U3 with Siberia V2.
What do you think about it?

I have the JW, so might differ slightly.

Asus drivers / hardware for audio is average / poor.

Maxx works for headphones as well (does for me)

The reason optical / HDMI / USB works better is its an external DAC and does a better job than the onboard junk.

I've had a few laptops, nothing special and this is the first one I've noticed with poor audio. Maxx helps, but its software to work around the design / hardware / software flaws.

A few threads on poor compatibility with low impedance headphones (like most IEM's).

hmscott wrote:
No, and MaxxAudio only works for the built-in speakers. Best audio out is via HDMI or toslink out the headphone port - or a USB external device.

noone wrote:
I have the JW, so might differ slightly.

Asus drivers / hardware for audio is average / poor.

Maxx works for headphones as well (does for me)

The reason optical / HDMI / USB works better is its an external DAC and does a better job than the onboard junk.

I've had a few laptops, nothing special and this is the first one I've noticed with poor audio. Maxx helps, but its software to work around the design / hardware / software flaws.

A few threads on poor compatibility with low impedance headphones (like most IEM's).

Mumble mumble...
Does the virtual surround and maxxaudio settings works or not?
hmscott says the maxx works only with the laptop speakers (imho it is very strange)
noone says it works.

Can any one else tell me if it is working or not?

xneinx wrote:
Mumble mumble...
Does the virtual surround and maxxaudio settings works or not?
hmscott says the maxx works only with the laptop speakers (imho it is very strange)
noone says it works.
Can any one else tell me if it is working or not?

Try it, if you see the Maxx Audio control panel audio register sound output when you have the headphones plugged in, it is working 🙂

I had it working briefly on the headphones, I thought it was a driver bug, as MaxxAudio is only advertised to work for the speakers, but I haven't see MaxxAudio work again on headphones since, now that I think about it it was on the JW.

MaxxAudio is sound shaping software, supposed to be only useful for correcting the physical attributes of specific speaker/laptop case hardware, and integrating a subwoofer like on the G750 into the sound.

hmscott wrote:
Try it, if you see the Maxx Audio control panel audio register sound output when you have the headphones plugged in, it is working 🙂

I had it working briefly on the headphones, I thought it was a driver bug, as MaxxAudio is only advertised to work for the speakers, but I haven't seen MaxxAudio work again on headphones since, now that I think about it it was on the JW.

MaxxAudio is sound shaping software, supposed to be only useful for correcting the physical attributes of specific speaker/laptop case hardware, and integrating a subwoofer like on the G750 into the sound.

Seeing as how I hadn't tried MaxxAudio on Headphones for long time, I thought I would check out MaxxAudio on headphones.

I disconnected my Toslink adapter from the headphones jack so I could plug in my Sony MDR-XB500's, RealTek dialog popped up to select the device just plugged in to the headphones jack, and what do you know, MaxxAudio shows Headphones as a source after selecting Speakers as the output 🙂

Thanks for the heads up that it is working again noone!

Sounds great...no hiss, crackle, or pop - watching BD's/ DVD's