cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A static buzz in my headphone!!

remycuber
Level 7
I just bought the G750 JX notebook and i'm loving every minute with it, except for two things:

- daily error (KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) ( I saw some post regarding this error, so I will look in these post )

- static buzz in my headphone / earplugges

In my old Asus G60 I had no problems with my headphones. With the G750 there is a continious static buzz even when i'm not playing any music at all! Is this hardware related? I was wondering if anyone else had this problem?
5 REPLIES 5

hmscott
Level 12
remycuber wrote:
I just bought the G750 JX notebook and i'm loving every minute with it, except for two things:

- daily error (KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) ( I saw some post regarding this error, so I will look in these post )

In my old Asus G60 I had no problems with my headphones. With the G750 there is a continious static buzz even when i'm not playing any music at all! Is this hardware related? I was wondering if anyone else had this problem?

Uninstall the Asus Gaming Mouse driver, causes crashes for some.

The headphone jack amp is a high-end amp, which likes higher impedance headphones - but usually the symptom for using low impedance headphones is Hiss - not Buzzing.

Buzzing/popping comes from the power saving mode enabled by the Realtek driver - or from a bad ground internally - you can fix the power saving mode noise by disabling it in the registry.

Buzzing isn't good, you should report that via a Technical Inquiry to Asus, or if you can still return it to the vendor get a new laptop from them. I should mention that some have found a bad batch of laptops with the headphone buzz - and went through 2 or 3 before they gave up and got it somewhere else.

You can reduce the effect if it is due to the power saving mode:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/hardware-components-aftermarket-upgrades/587521-fix-realtek-sound-po...

Although, if it was a choice between having buzzing in my analogue headphones or giving up the laptop, I would use Bluetooth, Toslink, or USB headphones and live without the analogue connection. On the other hand, it shouldn't be doing this, so try the above fix and see if it helps, otherwise do the return/RMA.

You will love the laptop, if you can get around the analogue headphone jack bs... not all G750's do this... sorry you got one that does.

noone
Level 8
Nothing high-end about the audio quality from the headphone jack.

There are a number of threads on the issue

noone wrote:

noone, how about something useful to help out the OP?

What was your favorite thread, with links? Did it help solve your audio problem with the G750?

What works best for you to get the best audio out of the G750?

The audio sounds great on a high impedance headset, when there isn't hiss/buzz in the headphone amp it has really good sound.

noone wrote:

What are you using to listen to audio with the headphone jack? Make/model, impedance?

This thread has lots of good info, reviews, and comparisons of headphones of different impedance used with the headphone jack:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35545-What-headphones-do-you-use-with-your-g750

Symho
Level 7
remycuber wrote:

Send it to ASUS by RMA! The shield of amplifier dont work properly!
ASUS G750JZ - T4044H with GX1000 black