cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB3 Boost issue - can anyone talk me through removing it?

Rogue_pony
Level 7
Hi there
Anyone able to guide me through removing Asus USB3 boost (installed under AISuite II)? I initially installed the suite as part of the new build - then went back through it to remove uneeded bits - then finally decided to remove the whole, and reinstall what I wanted from the latest version... Which is when it went pearshaped as USB 3 flaked out on the uninstall, and now refuses to reinstall :eek:
Have seen a couple of ref.s to it in the forums, but not a lot of detail info for me to go digging in Win7's guts

Quick specs:
Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2.0, AMD FX6350 CPU, Corsair 2 x 4Gb Mem, XFX HD7770DD GPU, Crucial M500 128Gb SSD, Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 x 2 HDD, Creative SB Audigy, Corsair CS650M PSU, Win7 Pro 64bit.

Cheers
4 REPLIES 4

haihane
Level 13
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28319-AI-Suite-II-uninstall-cleaner

here you go. for ai suite II.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

Thanks Haihane - have given it a spin, but no joy 😞 Trying to uninstall suite fails on USB3 boost element, and running the cleaner in safe mode threw up an error "unable to find AIO2.sys" or something like. I manually ran a dos script to wipe boost server from startup (shown below), and then did the cleaner again, which seemed to run with no errors. Booted back to full windows, but AI suite still attempting to run, but get access violation errors (lots of zeros inthe memory range) until I killed it from the taskbar. Reran aisuite install, and have installed the bits I want, but USB3 boost showed up as outdated (1.05.14 v. 1.05.17) - install then took ages, and finally completed but showing "error" against boost status, though it has updated the version number for it.

Getting late here - going to call it for tonight once I know it's booting reasonably cleanly into windows 😉

Final check in - on rebooting and trying AIsuite, USB3 boost seems to be present and correctly working, and is reporting version as 1.05.17 - so all seems happy now... Note to self, leave it well alone 😉
Thanks again to Haihane - consider this thread closed 🙂

haihane
Level 13
glad to know 🙂
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.