cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple issues with my new Asus ROG G750JW-T4075H

LPG55
Level 7
Hello, I've recently purchased a Asus ROG G750JW-T4075H and am experiencing a lot of frustrating problems.

- My wifi connection is unstable and sometime disconnect on it's own. After trying a few time to reconnect manually it usually works but it only does it with this computer (other computer have not this issue).
-It says I can upgrade from windows 8.0 to windows 8.1, yet the upgrade is impossible to find on the store.
-Windows update crashes the explorer when I try to open it, not allowing me to check if there are updates that could fix these problems.

These are the major problems that I am experiencing, the Wifi one is making me unable to use this computer for it's intented purpose (gaming).

Could anyone help me ?
2 REPLIES 2

alistairh
Level 7
I think you have a dud. Mine doesn't have issues with any of those. Sounds like the wifi hardware is a bit suspect.

I to couldn't find the win 8.1 in the store but then used a VPN to connect to the company network in another country and it was available in that country.

I fixed the 3rd problem by reseeting it to factory setting, but the two other persist.
I can now dowload windows 8.1, it wasn't accessible because i was missing some updates for Windows 8.0 (which i couldn't obtain, see problem 3).

So I'm still stuck with the wifi problem, but that's a bit better at least.