cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery stopped charging

thejonesdoctor
Level 7
I have had an ASUS G750JW-DB71 for about 3 months. For the past 1.5 months or so the battery stopped charging. I did not use the battery much before this. I am just looking for potential ways to troubleshoot. Basically I have just removed the battery and put it back in to make sure it's secure. I did notice sometimes in the past, when the battery was working, the computer would have difficulty in recognizing that I plugged in the powercord when transitioning from battery-> cord. Not sure if this is related.

Haven't found much on this yet other than some youtube vids talking about possible software issues, so I would appreciate any input. Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

UltimateKyo
Level 7
Can you show us a screenshot of your desktop with the battery indicator which is showing not charging? The reason why I asked this is because for G750 series, the battery will stop charging when it's around 95%< which is in one of the forum here. So perhaps you can show us where you see on your screen which indicate not charging

sasuke256
Level 7
if your are not in the case that ultimatekyo stated, unplug the charger, remove the battery then, press the power button for 30 seconds, then put the battery in boot with it.. plug the charger and try to see if it's charging or not..
Laptop : ASUS G750JW : i7 4700HQ - 16Gb - 2Tb HDD - GTX 765M OC (+135/500) - Full HD Matte - Win 8.1
Retiered : Toshiba L670 i5 560M/8Gb Corsair/1TB/HD5650 1Gb @ 625/800 /WD 1Tb USB3/Win7

Unkown_Hero
Level 7
I have a ASUS ROG 750 17'' laptop and mine was playing just fine for about 2 months since its purchase. Today i thought of seeing my battery level and it was saying 96% but not charging. I got furious and started googling all of this, but nothing helped. This is what i did. C-PROGRAM FILES-ASUS-PG4-CLICK ALL ASUS EXECUTABLE FILES AND FINALLY CLICK POWER GEAR . Change it to High Performance and viola, it charges again.
I do recommend taking out the battery and then cleaning it first. Then trying this method.
IT HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN, and it will work again on its own if this doesnt work. But please try this first.
But at the end, love god and pray. Mine's working perfectly fine and i absolutely love this machine.
**I USED TO KEEP MY LAPTOP PLUGGED IN 24/7, DONT DO IT. IT IS THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM**
Good Luck.

"In God's arms lies true power"