cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g74sx - no hdmi audio

Constantine
Level 7
As the title suggests I have no audio through HDMI on my g74sx. There is no HDMI device in my Sound device menu. I have tried multiple drivers, including the ATI realtek HDMI driver. Has anyone else had problems?

When I uninstalled the realtek drivers, microsoft installed 4 hdmi audio drivers, they were all greyed out and showed their status as unplugged. When I installed NVidia drivers the default microsoft HDI drivers became Nvidia HDMI, still non working. When I finally reinstalled realtek the HDMI devices disappeared and I went back to just having the Realtek Digital Device which does not transmit audio over HDMI.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.
33 REPLIES 33

Chastity
Level 10
What are you connecting to?
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

a 32in LG LCD flatscreen tried the tv's hdmi/dvi and just hdmi port

Constantine
Level 7
i know there is a lot going on but do you have any advice for me chastity?

right click your speaker int he system tray, select playback devices, right click Realtek HDMI-out, select set as default device.

if this fixes your problem, then right on. when you get done you'll have to set the speakers back to the default, same method.

if this doesn't fix your problem, let us know.

there is no realtek HDMI out... Ihave four generic HDMI outs that all show unplugged

irdmoose
Level 10
In the properties for the Playback devices the correct audio output device should actually be named similar to your TV or AV system. For example I have a friend that has a Sony home theater system that he uses to switch devices on his TV. When I plug it in to the AV system, it shows up in my playback devices as a Sony AV system, and when I connect it directly to his TV it shows up as a Panasonic TV. Right-click that and click "Set as default device." Hopefully that should solve it.

Constantine
Level 7
I wish, and I do appreciate all the advice. but no... thats not it either... Ill take some screenshots... i have it hooked up through HDMI right now.. and Ill post what shows up

Chastity
Level 10
You have NVIDIA's HDMI drivers installed. I disable those, and use Realtek's HDMI driver, currently 2.64

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownType...
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]