cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help - G750JW freezing

lmgiorni
Level 7
G750JW Freezes after BIOS update to version 208

Hi, recently I got this notebook and works ok for the first 2 days, then I decided to get all drivers to the last version. Also decided to give it a go to the new BIOS 208.
Wen installed all restarted and then updated bios at the last step. There was something rare happening as soon as it finished the bios installation, it went to the BIOS setup screen but every time I tryied to quit and save, it keep getting back to the BIOS setup screen. I read on my desktop computer about changing a the Launch CSM to enabled and the boot security to disable. And it worked and could save and start the computer.

I have a new copy of Windows 8.1 not the one that was preinstalled (as I lost it when bought the computer on BestBuy and asket to add an sdd hard drive, they forgot to backyup the recovery partition and that all) Im in another country and cant make it to USA right now to have it checked there.

If this could be a BIOS thing, is there a way to install the previous BIOS version that came with the computer?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
Was the BIOS update successful (do you see the change in the setup utility)? It may have been a bad flash, assuming I understood your description of what happened.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

lmgiorni
Level 7
It says 208 on the bios setup screen. Not sure if could have been bad or not, seems it finished and restarted by itself.

I think its maybe a Windows issue as it happens on windows, but after a frew freezes and forced to shoot down some times it wont start again. Just pressing start will lit the icons of the wifi, numpad lock, the hard drive just for an instance and then shoots down.

To avoid this I just unplug and remove battery, press power button for as long as 30 seconds (i read this somewhere) and then plug. Some times it works and some times I have to try a few more attemps.

Its strange, not sure if It could be just a Windows 8 thing.

noone
Level 8
I'd reflash the Bios update again, maybe download it onto a new stick from another machine.

Noone, Im not sure how to reflash the Bios. Just put the Bios file into a pendrive and restart?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Hang on, did you update to the BIOS 208 through ASUS LIVE UPDATE? How did you flash the BIOS?

From windows with WinFLash from ASUS.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Your computer is freezing?

Turn on the heater, give it a blanket and a bowl of chicken soup!

( Not sure what is happening, but I would try reflash your BIOS on a different USB. You need the flashing utility, and the file itself from the driver website, here. )

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G750JW&p=3&s=521