Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

I use and highly recommend IC Diamond for TIM, it's a bit on the expensive side but it gave me about a 10 Degree C drop in temps at stock speeds. I see you've listed you have 3 90mm fans as opposed to the cases standard 2x82's and 1 90...did you change them yourself and which way are they mounted?

ROG Member Array

Funny enough, I haven't had a blue screen since unhooking the hdd from the ASMedia chipset. So that problem may be solved. But the CPU temp is still a concern I intend to fix. Thanks for the advice Zkal17, I will stick with regular quality paste.

ROG Member Array

@MykSilentShadow: my bad, i do use the stock fans, and they're indeed 2x 80mm and 1x92mm. I'm checking the IC Diamond TIM, and if it's as good as advertised, I will definitely try that.

Insane Hardware Geek Array PowerOver9K's Avatar

Can I please have your dmp file.... C:\windows\minidump....
    Mobo: Rampage IV BE | CPU: i7-4930@4.5ghz Hexacore | RAM: 32GB Corsair V-Pro | GPU: 4xR9 290X Quadfire | PSU: eVGA P2 SuperNOVA 1000W\G2 850W | Chassis: NZXT Phantom 820 | Cooling: XSPC Raystorm CPU Block\4xEK 290X Block\2x Laing D5\XSPC Dual Bay Res\Phobya G-Changer 1080 External Rad\Alphacool 140UT60\XSPC AX360 | Fan Con: Lamptron CW611 | Tube: Primochill Adv. LRT Bloodshed Red | 3xCrossover 27" 2560x1440 Monitors | Build Log of Insanity

Insane Hardware Geek Array PowerOver9K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myk SilentShadow View Post
    I use and highly recommend IC Diamond for TIM, it's a bit on the expensive side but it gave me about a 10 Degree C drop in temps at stock speeds. I see you've listed you have 3 90mm fans as opposed to the cases standard 2x82's and 1 90...did you change them yourself and which way are they mounted?
    IC Diamond & Phobya HEGrease is the best paste. I personally use Indigo Xtreme but it's a royal #@$#@# to install as you need to apply it stupidly exact but I've done it so many times I can do it everytime perfect. I'm talking if you don't have 1 hr+ to dedicate to thermal paste perfection get out of here...

Either of those pastes are your choice... Seriously... Unless you want indigo for 5C more drop but it's such a pain in the ass to apply you will need to spend about 30-40 bucks to apply it unless you've done it MANY times.
    Last edited by PowerOver9K; 03-10-2014 at 01:18 AM.
    Mobo: Rampage IV BE | CPU: i7-4930@4.5ghz Hexacore | RAM: 32GB Corsair V-Pro | GPU: 4xR9 290X Quadfire | PSU: eVGA P2 SuperNOVA 1000W\G2 850W | Chassis: NZXT Phantom 820 | Cooling: XSPC Raystorm CPU Block\4xEK 290X Block\2x Laing D5\XSPC Dual Bay Res\Phobya G-Changer 1080 External Rad\Alphacool 140UT60\XSPC AX360 | Fan Con: Lamptron CW611 | Tube: Primochill Adv. LRT Bloodshed Red | 3xCrossover 27" 2560x1440 Monitors | Build Log of Insanity

ROG Member Array

DMP files

Hi PowerOver9K,
    I;ve zipped a couple of the last dumpfiles and attached them.
    Archivos Adjuntos

ROG Member Array

Thanks. I will stick with the easier choices. Not that experienced with applying TIM...

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myk SilentShadow View Post
    I use and highly recommend IC Diamond for TIM, it's a bit on the expensive side but it gave me about a 10 Degree C drop in temps at stock speeds
    Eh, what other TIMs have you compared with? How many mountings each?

There TIM is secondary in reaching the best temps... primary is the mounting... - it takes couple tries until you get the optimum, but usually there is no more difference than 1-5C... well, let's say 5-7C with the LM ones...

ROG Member Array

Thermal paste applied

I've ignored the problem for a while because I was very busy, but I just applied the IC Diamond 24-carat thermal paste. I had to, because the weather is good, and today I had three crashes, no more postponing! The CPU temp ran up to 56 degrees, I hope nothing is damaged.
    With the new paste on, the base temp has dropped from 42 to 34 degrees. Still not what I was hoping for, but a lot better than it was. Now let's hope it can cope with summer temperatures.
    Thank you all for your help!

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

34C from 42C is a nice drop! What are the max/load temps right now?

The previous 56C most likely didn't damaged anything...

I think now your temps are getting closer to what that cooler can do...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast