cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would I be able to get a replacement?

Retired
Not applicable
It hasn't even been 6 months since I got my G73SW and it's just been filled with problems. I sent it back the first time because it stopped charging + I found out I had the sandy bridge issue. Mobo got replaces. I got it back and the GPU fan was not working, had to send it right back the next day (now 1 month without my laptop). I also told them about a touchpad issue I had and that was NOT resolved both times. Now I was just casually browsing the web and the screen shuts off. Fully off, no backlight. Then I tried to turn it on, the keyboard lights flashed on then off quickly but the screen did not turn on. I waited about 15 seconds and hit the power switch (and the laptop just instantly shut off so I guess it didn't POST). I was just wondering if I would be eligible for a replacement unit since I've just had it with this unit (especially for a ~$2k laptop). Worst part is, I just got my early beta key for battlefield 3 -___-.
10 REPLIES 10

korre
Level 9
If you get a computer whilst yours is being repaired?
I think that's a 100% no, waited for aprox 1 month and 2 weeks for my computer aswell, I have a little slut computer, red painted and all, ferrari something. used that one to spend my time. It's shit son, sorry for ur loss. As I see it's worse than death of a human to be w/o a computer 😞

Chastity
Level 10
jesse550 wrote:
It hasn't even been 6 months since I got my G73SW and it's just been filled with problems. I sent it back the first time because it stopped charging + I found out I had the sandy bridge issue. Mobo got replaces. I got it back and the GPU fan was not working, had to send it right back the next day (now 1 month without my laptop). I also told them about a touchpad issue I had and that was NOT resolved both times. Now I was just casually browsing the web and the screen shuts off. Fully off, no backlight. Then I tried to turn it on, the keyboard lights flashed on then off quickly but the screen did not turn on. I waited about 15 seconds and hit the power switch (and the laptop just instantly shut off so I guess it didn't POST). I was just wondering if I would be eligible for a replacement unit since I've just had it with this unit (especially for a ~$2k laptop). Worst part is, I just got my early beta key for battlefield 3 -___-.

Can you PM me the RMA #'s of your cases, and the Serial number off your unit, so I can check your case history?
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
@Chastity@ASUS: Thanks, just sent the PM.
@Korre: I was looking more along the lines of swapping the unit not a unit to use while it's being repaired.

JRd1st
Level 12
Dude, for all of your trouble you deserve a brand new UPGRADE unit!

Be assertive, maybe you'll get it!!
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
That would be awesome especially after all the headaches this unit has cost me: from data loss -> just recently lost backups of websites I made + server migrated so the sites are dead for good. School-work lost (fml) and just a month without a laptop is a pain in the *** for me since I work online, schoolwork online, everything I do is online and I'm not home enough to use my desktop. Oh yeah, I did take the laptop to class for notes (barely fit on the desk lol!).

Chastity
Level 10
"Dude, for all of your trouble you deserve a brand new UPGRADE unit!

Be assertive, maybe you'll get it!! "

Dude, I'm right here, and can read your texts. 😄

@jesse550: I'm gonna sit down with trinity and see about getting this taken care of. In the meantime, I would suggest you get a small netbook or ultraportable unit for school. A lot easier to drag around and better battery life, plus it fits on the desk. 🙂

Pyro411
Level 7
Chastity, would you happen to know the theoretical threshold on that for flat replacement? 😞 I have a G73Jh "Purchased May 27th 2010" that has had it's video card replaced twice and is about to go in a 3rd time likely to get the video card replaced.

Chastity
Level 10
Replacement can occur after the 3rd RMA for the same problem, IIRC. 🙂 Send me your S/N and I can track the item. If it's not fixed, then I can take over.

Retired
Not applicable
An upgrade to a g74 would sure be great 😛 Anyways, got myself a MacBook Air. It's super thin and portable compared to that heavy machinery I used to carry around lol!