cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im getting fed up with this!

Level 7
PunkBuster... you know it and i know it that pb is probably the worst service ever created. Period...

Im having trouble with punkbuster constantly kicking me from cod 5. Now i know there are 8945967.5 threads posted by people having issues with pb, but im not able to find anything on the net that addresses this problem im currently having.

My problem is; when im kicked from my cod 5 match, the pb error message states that if the current problem persists, then i must go to evenbalance.com and manually update the game myself...

Yeah no... that didn't work (typical?) because for some reason the game that i need to manually update isn't on their supported games list!>? All i see is a list of 23 supported games and non of them happen to be cod 5. So what gives?
Pb clearly states i need to go to the site to manually update the game... and its not even listed?
I remember having this same issue a year back, but at the time, cod5 was actually listed on the list and it was fixable...

Can somebody please help me out with this issue im having? Im seriously just ahh so angry at these constant issues with punkbuster.

Cheers
Intel i7 3820
Asus x79 Rampage IV Formula
Asus R9 280x DirectCU II
Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Noctua NH-U12S
CoolerMaster V700
Silverstone Raven RV01
3 REPLIES 3

Destructis
Level 7
The last time I had a problem with Punkbuster, I uninstalled it and went to their website and downloaded it manually. It fixed my problems then.

You kind of misunderstood what i was trying to explain. After downloading punkbuster and installing it, you need to specify which games you use when you have installed punkbuster. Punkbuster has a dropdown menu/list of games that you currently have installed that require punk buster to play and you select those games you own. Thats not the case anymore... Now, half the games that used to be in the dropdown list, are simply not there anymore and cod 5 is one of those games that are missing > hence im not able to update punkbuster for cod 5.

The method you stated used to work because cod 5 used to be listed as a supported game> but now it is not supported and i cannot update it.
Intel i7 3820
Asus x79 Rampage IV Formula
Asus R9 280x DirectCU II
Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Noctua NH-U12S
CoolerMaster V700
Silverstone Raven RV01

sectionate
Level 12
Does cod 5 allow you to use any punkbuster cvars? if so try pb_sleep 500. punkbuster always gives more problems then its worth. It doesn't prevent cheaters when they just code around the program. whoops
Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com