cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCORE Issues (brand new build)

Robthedestroyer
Level 7
My vcore is going crazy and wanted to know if its normal... It fluctuates from 0.825 to 1.453 every few seconds when idle and under load it fluctuates from 1.355 to 1.458.

This is my first buid so quite worried, not looking to overclock just wanted to make sure its defo normal and not somet that needs RMA'ing.

Cheers Guys

My system Specs:

AMD FX9370 with H80i (idles at 29 and max 55)
Crosshair V Formula Z
8gb Corsair 1866 Vengance Ram
AX860 Psu
4gb R9 270x GPU

20 REPLIES 20

ganji
Level 13
Hi Robthedestroyer and welcome 😄
It's perfectly normal as it's just a power saving feature, When your system is idle the cpu will down clock aswell as drop the vcore and then bump back up when its needed.

Thanks for that, Its a load off 🙂

Robthedestroyer wrote:
Thanks for that, Its a load off 🙂

No worries mate you're welcome 😄

Zka17
Level 16
Yeah, that is perfectly normal! When the CPU does not need it, it won't get so much juice... in that way it is easier to cool...

If everything else is working fine, just enjoy your system!

Thanks guys, out of curiosity for best performance would i be better setting a static VCORE rather than it being on auto... I have already changed my ram from auto to 1866 as i noticed it was only registering as 667.

Basically i want my system to be stable enough to leave on 24h.

Zka17
Level 16
Nah, you can not really set completely static Vcore… those jumps in Vcore are finely orchestrated, so you really don't have to worry about that…

Start using your system as for what you want to, and see if it produces crashes… - you can try some stress tests, but the real testing is when you start using it…

If your temps are fine, then you're good to go!

Before I came to you gentlemen I asked asus about the vcore issue and sent them an image, this was his reply:

Dear Rob,

That's truly abnormal, suggest you clear CMOS for a test.
If still, suggest you RMA to solve it.

Zka17
Level 16
Hm... maybe the sensors are messed up at the BIOS level?
If so, what temp it shows in BIOS?

temps are fine they show the same in bios as they do in windows, 31 idle -> 54 load