cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Maximus VI Formula not booting after BSOD ingame?

Thelaith
Level 7
Hello, graphics card(ASUS DCU2 GTX 780) isn't showing a signal to my Dell u2414h monitor.

What happened was i got a BSOD while i was playing Counter Strike GO, i shut the computer down and went into the bios. I had a 4.4Ghz overclock that i had tested before and that was stable. I thought that was the reason for the BSOD, so i turned the overclock down to 4.2Ghz, and now my computer boots, but it shows no signal.

When it boots, it shuts down one to two times and then turns on and stays on, however there is no signal, and i'm getting the "A2" error code on the motherboard.

I tried switching out the ram, that didn't work.
I tried taking out the GPU, and putting the Displayport cable into the IGPU, that didn't work.
And i tried clearing Cmos and shutting down the PC via the reset button, and that didnt work either.

I hope you guys can help me.
5 REPLIES 5

Thelaith
Level 7
UPDATE: I just flashed the bios to the newest version, but nothing changed. CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE? 😞

Nate152
Hello Thelaith, Welcome to the ROG forum. Would you have another gpu to try in your pc?

NemesisChild
Level 12
Please list your system components, including your PSU make & model (and age).
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

Thelaith
Level 7
My system is consists of:

i7 4770K
Maximus VI Formula
DirectCU 2 GTX 780
Corsair H100i
Corsair AX860
Samsung 840 Evo
Seagate Barracuda 3TB
Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1600Mhz Cl9 (2x8 sticks)
and Windows 8.1 64-Bit

All was built approx a month ago and ran fine, until today. I also just noticed that there's an LED lighting up besides the 24-PIN Connector, it says "Boot Device"

UPDATE: I just unplugged all the power cables and USB cables, turned everything off, plugged everything back in, and it now boots!! SUCCESS!

Thank you for your time!

Nate152
Well alrighty then that was an easy fix. Good job! Play your game and see if it BSOD's again.