Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mhmm how about a color scheme??? I love the black and red hope they keep the BT OCing altho i guess the new rampage will b a 2011 socket?
    Intel i7 950, 3.02Ghz;Corsair H50 Dual Fans--Asus Rampage Extreme III--XFX 6950 2Gig--12GB CORSAIR XMS3 1600Mhz--x1 OCZ 120GBVertex 3+x3 WD Caviar Black 2TB+WD x1 1TB+WD Raptor 150Gig--Ultra X3 1k PSU--SilverStone RV01

you'll be surprised by the presence of the next ROG ..

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Intel is confused...its foot is on fire, his club is burning...and little amd dude is just laughing...... for today.
    I think I heard him say, "You dont scare me, Im the world champion!" hehehehehhehee

Like the Fords of yesteryear...any color you want...and long as its black.......and red..or black....or red!

Thanks Brian and Raja....now that you got our drool all over our keyboards..........

Quote Originally Posted by Brian@ASUS View Post
    top secret information
    Our spies r hiding in between yer drywall!
    wit nuthin' but a feeding tube and a camera:

Haven't read anything about an "Extreme" "Black" enthusiast line for Ivy bridge yet.
    All the preview articles point to modest cpu gains but better GPU empowerment.
    Like: faster encoding, triple monitor support and 4kX4k resolutions.
    However, enthusiasts will probably wanna OC kepler/maxwell in their PCI-E 3 instead.
    Additionally, Bench addicts want higher cpu scores and CG artists ( self included ) ultimately want
    as many threads for overclocked graphic rendering in Autodesk and Photoshop.
    I guess it will be awhile till an extreme 12/16?/128?? threaded ivy "extreme" cpu comes out?

In which case I am betting that the next best thing will be an x79 motherboard? Seriously doubt that
    the Asus ROG line will not have an "LGA 2011 Sandy Bridge-E( extreme )" home for Intel's
    flagship 6 Core i7-3960X

( in addition to native USB 3.0, I wonder if there will be any bolt action yet? )

That could be very nice... also ( hopefully ) with mebbe a "stable" 6GBs RAID solution "included"?
    could be a Gigabyte/MSI killing bombshell.

On the other hand, for a **personal Highend Content Creation uber nerd solution...
    the numbers of both i7-2600k and i7-3960X are still not impressive enough compared to
    what my current R3E and i7-990x can offer.
    Considering what looks like **modest gains for my needs and the $1450 dollar cost of entry on
    a REIV / intel-E combination. I will probably have to wait both the sandy-e and first gen Ivy rounds out!
    ( waiting and hoping for joy in an Ivy "extreme" / RAMPAGE solution. )

**CG werkstation numbers like:

Photoshop

and 3d rendering
    ( Here the CPU numbers being relevent to my rendering needs )

for ubernerd cg enthusiast needs:
    1. Compared to the 6 core AMD solution an i7-990x purchase makes sense as render time is nearly halved!
    2. However I would be hard pressed to consider the 10% impovement an i7-3960X gives me worth spending $1450!
    3. !! furthermore I am nearly rewarded 20% render times by skipping sandybridge( 2600k ) and sticking to the lga-1366 and a 2 core advantage.
    unless there is some kind of "multi-cpu" magic you have cooking like in the concept.
    Always fun to see what may come may bench.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array WHO_FARTED? PC Specs
    WHO_FARTED? PC Specs
    Motherboardmax 8 4mula
    Processor6700k
    Memory (part number)g.skill rgb trident z 2x8gb
    Graphics Card #1zotac artic storm gtx1080
    Sound Cardonboard
    Monitor34" rog ultra wide
    Storage #11.2tb intel 750 aic
    CPU Coolercustom loop
    Power Supplycorsair hx750i

Quote Originally Posted by chrsplmr View Post
    Kip,,,Set them free...to frolic in the clouds with the 3.5's

Dual cpu? Who said that? Oh, I did....

Warning Label:
    You must live within 25 miles of a nuclear power plant or major metropolitan grid
    to use this product.
    Oh, that was on the last one....geesh..whats nexts?
    It doesnt use a power supply, it uses a generator..hahaha..4 stroke...I'm in.
    lol... so maybe they should include a prius
    i wouldn't mind black and bright green or chartruese.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

New board is here...lol Soon as we can release info we will, for now I stand by what I said in my initial post. I been in this game a long time and this thing is head and shoulders over anything I have played with.

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    New board is here...lol Soon as we can release info we will, for now I stand by what I said in my initial post. I been in this game a long time and this thing is head and shoulders over anything I have played with.
    a big 10 char drool!

Edited my last post from last night. ( was late at night with little sleep when first posted )
    Also edited to emphasize main concern: When doing actual work, what gains might one actually get considering current bench results?

and 3d rendering
    ( Here the CPU numbers being relevent to my rendering needs )

1.Compared to the 6 core AMD solution an i7-990x purchase makes sense as render time is nearly halved!
    2.However I would be hard pressed to consider the 10% impovement an i7-3960X gives me worth spending $1450!
    3.!! furthermore I am nearly rewarded 20% render times by skipping sandybridge( 2600k ) and sticking to the lga-1366 and a 2 core advantage.
    Unlike many bench tests, here I believe the cinebench should be representative of real usage ( render time is render time right? )

In many other bench/comparisons a 2600k already beats my RE3 solution but not in numbers that concern my wallet.

In which case, I am really curious if a claim of "head and shoulders" above the rest includes a cinebench?
    1.Compared to the 6 core AMD solution an i7-990x purchase makes sense as render time is nearly halved!
    2.However I would be hard pressed to consider the 10% impovement an i7-3960X gives me worth spending $1450!
    3.!! furthermore I am nearly rewarded 20% render times by skipping sandybridge( 2600k ) and sticking to the lga-1366 and a 2 core advantage.
    ( really hoping this answer is YES! )

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Cyrekk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by claydough View Post
    I am very excited to see some details! And what the deuce? This pic shows a dual CPU ROG concept! That is very exciting to me, what confuses me is that it appears that one slot uses 3 channels of RAM and the second uses 4... Very interesting. Also of note, the layout looks like a server board, particularly with the SATA ports along the bottom which look suspiciously like the configuration to support ASUS PIKE...

*@ASUS, can you at least give us a soft timeline on when any info with be released on the RIV? Also will the ROG community here be lucky enough to get the info a little bit ahead of the rest of the world? (That would be super-cool!)
    New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
    Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
    [Work in progress]
    The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
    SYSTEM SPECS

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array 69_Goat's Avatar

@Cyrekk
    That board has a Socket 2011 + a Socket 1366, as well as the ram configuration for each.
    i7-980X | EVGA 762 Classified | 6GB Dom GT 2000C7 | GTX580 SLI
    i7-2600K | Asus MIVE-Z68 | 4GB Dom GT 2000C8 | GTX580 Martix

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast