cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The next big Rampage?

claydough
Level 7
I have assumed that it would be an x79 REIV,
But Now Ivy seems to be right around the corner.

Really compared to the bench's I have seen so far...
Nothing seems to even come close to leaving an i7-980/990x RE3 in the dust yet.
At ROG prices I am hoping Ivy brings enuff distance in peformance.

Are there any announced plans for the next Rampage Extreme yet?
36 REPLIES 36

chrsplmr
Level 18
"leaving an i7-980-990x in the dust...yet" ....hahaha.. but you know it will be a ROG board that does..
Thats awesome.

If we want better than a ROG board...we just have to wait until they come out with the next one.. good point..claydough.c.

EDIT TO BELOW:::

Raja.......hahha...coming from you..thats all we need to start drooling...a board your excited about? We gotta see this. Can't wait.

I see an Intel cpu in my future..thnx.

ummmm... can you not tell us something about the AM3+'s future....ok..pushing it..hehe.c.

Raja
Level 13
The next Rampage is not a board you will want to miss if you are an ROG fan. It is the most comprehensive board we have ever made. That's all I can tell you guys right now.

Retired
Not applicable
ill leak some info on the next rampage, it allows you to put in a CPU, some memory, some graphic cards, its definitely got some USB connections, sata connections, and has heatsinks. thats all i can say at the moment as well...

could you guys squeeze in a PATA connector too? is there a projected timeline? like q4 of this year or is all that g14 classified too?

WHO_FARTED? wrote:
could you guys squeeze in a PATA connector too? is there a projected timeline? like q4 of this year or is all that g14 classified too?

No, we need at least three IDE/PATA connectors, I have like 15 of the best of the best DVD±R burners ever made and they were all IDE back then. Long live the discontinued BenQ drives. LOL

chrsplmr
Level 18
Are you sure it uses a cpu? GPS?

WHO_FARTED_
Level 10
heated seats and cup holders are standard.

optional toothpick, toliet mint, toolbox, blood pressure monitor, gun cleaning kit, wool socks, and 55" flat screen come with the extreme models

Retired
Not applicable
top secret information

Brian@ASUS wrote:
top secret information

Our spies r hiding in between yer drywall! 😛
wit nuthin' but a feeding tube and a camera:

Haven't read anything about an "Extreme" "Black" enthusiast line for Ivy bridge yet.
All the preview articles point to modest cpu gains but better GPU empowerment.
Like: faster encoding, triple monitor support and 4kX4k resolutions.
However, enthusiasts will probably wanna OC kepler/maxwell in their PCI-E 3 instead.
Additionally, Bench addicts want higher cpu scores and CG artists ( self included ) ultimately want
as many threads for overclocked graphic rendering in Autodesk and Photoshop.
I guess it will be awhile till an extreme 12/16?/128?? threaded ivy "extreme" cpu comes out?

In which case I am betting that the next best thing will be an x79 motherboard? Seriously doubt that
the Asus ROG line will not have an "LGA 2011 Sandy Bridge-E( extreme )" home for Intel's
flagship 6 Core i7-3960X

( in addition to native USB 3.0, I wonder if there will be any bolt action yet? )

That could be very nice... also ( hopefully ) with mebbe a "stable" 6GBs RAID solution "included"?
could be a Gigabyte/MSI killing bombshell.

On the other hand, for a **personal Highend Content Creation uber nerd solution...
the numbers of both i7-2600k and i7-3960X are still not impressive enough compared to
what my current R3E and i7-990x can offer.
Considering what looks like **modest gains for my needs and the $1450 dollar cost of entry on
a REIV / intel-E combination. I will probably have to wait both the sandy-e and first gen Ivy rounds out!:(
( waiting and hoping for joy in an Ivy "extreme" / RAMPAGE solution. )

**CG werkstation numbers like:

Photoshop

and 3d rendering
( Here the CPU numbers being relevent to my rendering needs )

for ubernerd cg enthusiast needs:

• Compared to the 6 core AMD solution an i7-990x purchase makes sense as render time is nearly halved!
  • However I would be hard pressed to consider the 10% impovement an i7-3960X gives me worth spending $1450!
  • !! furthermore I am nearly rewarded 20% render times by skipping sandybridge( 2600k ) and sticking to the lga-1366 and a 2 core advantage.
unless there is some kind of "multi-cpu" magic you have cooking like in the concept.
Always fun to see what may come may bench.