cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atrocious time Updating windows...

Flokke
Level 7
I am having the absolute worse time trying to update my new laptop G750JW through the Windows Updates there's like almost a hundred to go before I can update to windows 8.1 and I can't even et them to download it just sits a 0kb 0% download finally cancelled it and tried the update through reset but now it doesn't give me that option anymore
4 REPLIES 4

sasuke256
Level 7
even if it's at 0% wait and it will download everything 🙂
Laptop : ASUS G750JW : i7 4700HQ - 16Gb - 2Tb HDD - GTX 765M OC (+135/500) - Full HD Matte - Win 8.1
Retiered : Toshiba L670 i5 560M/8Gb Corsair/1TB/HD5650 1Gb @ 625/800 /WD 1Tb USB3/Win7

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
What internet service are you using (or do you know your download speed)?

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

Prostar Computer wrote:
What internet service are you using (or do you know your download speed)?

I have Fios 85/35 download/upload, Don't have this issue on my Samsung ATIV Book 8 but it kind of corrected itself I got lucky one of the restart and updates went through like 80 updates but if I had of did this the traditional in windows way I went almost 5 hours trying to do 2 updates thats not even the full update list.

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
Sometimes the progress meter will hang, but you are actually still receiving updates. Or, on rare occasions, Microsoft's server is not responding. Whatever the case was, I'm glad you managed. 🙂

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!