cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local LAN party Overclocking/benching comp

Retired
Not applicable
Hey all,

Just wanted to drop by and fill everyone here in on some neat stuff going down in Alabama. I am a member of the LANifesto byoc lan down here, and am going to start an OC/bench comp event at every lan (we meet monthly).

So far I am the only 'extreme' cooling member, so if any of our members want we will put their hardware under my chiller but mostly it is just to spread awareness for Oc and benching, because a lot of us already have stable OCs and there are a few watercoolers among us, but it seems like none of them have any real interest in benching comps.

Starting tomorrow we will hope to change that.

This is my chiller on a test run on some of my spare hardware.

I will post back with more pics from the event tomorrow and hopefully some awesome overclocks and benchmarks!

(btw that test run was a Q6600 @ 4.02ghz, 13s superpi 1m)
9 REPLIES 9

Retired
Not applicable
Waiting on pics from the LAN yesterday, in the meantime here is mine from the other night. I don't know for sure why we hit the brick wall at 4.02 but that seemed to be the most 'stable' we could get.

Retired
Not applicable
what are your temps idle and load?

Retired
Not applicable
Hey Brian.

Idle was floating around 1-2C according to coretemp, load as you can see was between 12-14C tops. I don't have a k-type probe thermometer yet, that's still in the works. Finally got access to pictures from the LAN.

Here are a few... the rest can be found here.

Brian_y_
Level 7
looks good. Keep pushing it guys:)

Retired
Not applicable
OCing right now. This particular run isn't at a LAN, I am just testing out some different hardware and a slightly different charge of gas in the chiller.

evga 750i, Q6600 G0 @ 1.28vid

cant wait to see what I can get. Should net better results than the other Q6600, its vid is 1.32.

Retired
Not applicable
underdog1425 wrote:
OCing right now. This particular run isn't at a LAN, I am just testing out some different hardware and a slightly different charge of gas in the chiller.

evga 750i, Q6600 G0 @ 1.28vid

cant wait to see what I can get. Should net better results than the other Q6600, its vid is 1.32.

I am giving up at 1500 FSB x9 @ 3.375 ghz. POS motherboard.

I neglected to mention earlier that the OC with my other chip was on my 780i FTW. Will put that one under the chiller tomorrow.

V2-V3 wrote:
Sick chiller,

Have you tried benching GPU's on that bad boy?

Nice temps for 1.6vcore!

Nice to see you drop by! I had some air in the exchanger last time, those temps are bad. Tonight I saw -7C on the chip in bios xD

Haven't tried benching GPUs on it yet, I sold my old swifty mcw60 a while back and have been using EK full cover blocks. I really don't want to bother insulating the entire card, so maybe if I can get my hands on another die only block I would mod the chiller.

Other thoughs.. I need a NB pot. Part of my failure to get high oc with the 750i I am pretty sure is due to NB temps, these boards have significant lack of NB power to begin with and require better-than-stock, let alone for killer overclocks like what I was going for.

Sounds like you need a Rampage Extreme, best socket 775 board ever!

they are hard to find but lucky you there is one on ebay right now: ASUS Rampage Extreme X48 socket 775 Motherboard for sale

Retired
Not applicable
V2-V3 wrote:
Sounds like you need a Rampage Extreme, best socket 775 board ever!

they are hard to find but lucky you there is one on ebay right now: ASUS Rampage Extreme X48 socket 775 Motherboard for sale

Argh curse you and the crazy russian guy I know who wants to sell me half of his chiller for $100 shipped...you people make it impossible to save money lol

I will have to keep an eye on that ebay sale.

In return, smexypic. The stopper fitting is frozen. I should send this pic to bitspower and be like "look what your pump top can handle".

V2-V3
Level 8
Sick chiller,

Have you tried benching GPU's on that bad boy?

Nice temps for 1.6vcore!