Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 247
  1. #81
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    129

    Come on guys i am about to order JM and Return my JX tomorrow...
    Is JM better then JX?

  2. #82
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    101

    Quote Originally Posted by WinterMisha View Post
    Come on guys i am about to order JM and Return my JX tomorrow...
    Is JM better then JX?
    To be honest its not worth the switch. If you already have the JX, just overclock it to get better performance. The 860m is slightly below the performance of the 770m. Really the only reason to switch is if you want the latest and greatest hardware when it comes to these two choices.

    Here is a link that shows gaming performance between both graphics cards (Scroll down a bit to find the performance in several games):
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-....107794.0.html

    EDIT: Don't take my word for it, it's your decision and I don't know what you would want or what would make you happy.
    Last edited by BIOHAZARD9519; 04-02-2014 at 01:40 AM.

  3. #83
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    129

    Quote Originally Posted by BIOHAZARD9519 View Post
    To be honest its not worth the switch. If you already have the JX, just overclock it to get better performance. The 860m is slightly below the performance of the 770m. Really the only reason to switch is if you want the latest and greatest hardware when it comes to these two choices.

    Here is a link that shows gaming performance between both graphics cards (Scroll down a bit to find the performance in several games):
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-....107794.0.html

    EDIT: Don't take my word for it, it's your decision and I don't know what you would want or what would make you happy.
    Some people say that GTX 860m is better then 770m and some say that is the same thing and your saying that is weaker .... I dont know what to do.... Well i think 860m is very new and in time they will have better drivers and its might be better then 770m?

  4. #84
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    226

    faster by what, 1% 5% sometimes slower.. lets just say gtx 860M = 770M
    It's useless to change a lappy that works ok
    the JM will support optimus while the JX does not.. its the only difference..
    Laptop : ASUS G750JW : i7 4700HQ - 16Gb - 2Tb HDD - GTX 765M OC (+135/500) - Full HD Matte - Win 8.1
    Retiered : Toshiba L670 i5 560M/8Gb Corsair/1TB/HD5650 1Gb @ 625/800 /WD 1Tb USB3/Win7

  5. #85
    New ROGer Array Zygomorphic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Reputation
    176
    Posts
    4,761

    Quote Originally Posted by sasuke256 View Post
    faster by what, 1% 5% sometimes slower.. lets just say gtx 860M = 770M
    It's useless to change a lappy that works ok
    the JM will support optimus while the JX does not.. its the only difference..
    Good points. Quite commonly, the performance from the latest generation of nVidia cards approximately matches (depending on benchmark) the performance of the cards of the previous generation that are one step higher. I.E.
    860M = 770M
    850M = 760M = 670M
    the X80M cards are usually the ones that break this rule, because they are much more powerful than the X70M cards that are one step lower.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

  6. #86
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    64

    G550 or G460 where areeeee yooouu, do not hide

  7. #87
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    hi, I'm new and I'm going to buy a G750 notebook. I'm Italian and I should buy jh because the jz isn't arrived in Italy yet. So do someone know when it will arrive in Italy? thank you so much

  8. #88
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a G750JS. In the above comparison I believe another difference is a slightly faster (7200 vs 5400) HDD.

    My question, my understanding is this box comes with 16MB installed in 2 of 4 available memory slots. Two of the slots are easily accessed, the other 2 require some disassebly to get to. Which slots will the sticks be installed in? If the easy access slots, can those 8GB sticks be replaced with 16GB sticks or do I have to populate the other 2 slots. If they're pre-installed in the disassembly slots, how hard are they get to in the event one of them fails out of warranty?

    I'd been looking at the JX. I've found the JS for about $150 more. Even though Optimus doesn't mean that much to me the performance increase of the 870 over the 770 seems significant. I plan on keep this one for a while. From what I've read the 870 will be a Kepler chip (subject to change of course), the Maxwells appear to be in the 860s.

  9. #89
    ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    44
    Posts
    5,357

    Quote Originally Posted by Lux55 View Post
    I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a G750JS. In the above comparison I believe another difference is a slightly faster (7200 vs 5400) HDD.

    My question, my understanding is this box comes with 16MB installed in 2 of 4 available memory slots. Two of the slots are easily accessed, the other 2 require some disassebly to get to. Which slots will the sticks be installed in? If the easy access slots, can those 8GB sticks be replaced with 16GB sticks or do I have to populate the other 2 slots. If they're pre-installed in the disassembly slots, how hard are they get to in the event one of them fails out of warranty?

    I'd been looking at the JX. I've found the JS for about $150 more. Even though Optimus doesn't mean that much to me the performance increase of the 870 over the 770 seems significant. I plan on keep this one for a while. From what I've read the 870 will be a Kepler chip (subject to change of course), the Maxwells appear to be in the 860s.
    Get an SSD, first thing, build it in to your purchase budget - it is the best most important upgrade you can do - way more important that growing / replacing the memory.

    The Samsung Evo units are inexpensive now, even 1TB is within reach, I would recommend a minimum of 512GB if you want to install games as well as basic OS / Windows stuff on the C drive. The Samsung 840 Pro 512GB is another great choice.

    The 2 available memory slots are usually the free ones, Asus isn't going to make you open the top to get at the other 2 slots, and it voids the warranty so you shouldn't do it yourself, at least not right away.

    If you match the memory "family", you can put the next higher density SODIMM into the free slots, there have been several good reports, but also some failures - basically the 8GB SODIMM over the 4GB SODIMM in the under keyboard slots.

    I haven't seen a report here about using 16GB SODIMM's. I was interested myself in these, but only found 1 source, and they were almost $500 each, so I have been waiting for the price to come down.

    If you are going to go through the expense of getting 16GB SODIMM's you might want to find a shop to pull the original memory and put the 16GB SODIMM's in the under keyboard slots. Then you don't have to worry about mismatch - likely with 8GB / 16GB combo as the only 16GB SODIMM's aren't the same as the installed brands I have seen.

    Optimus means you need to pay attention to the Nvidia control panel 3D settings for everything you install, and set it to use GTX instead of Intel GPU - many will just default to Intel as they aren't aware of multiple card options. If you ever have a performance problem on an Optimus system, that is the first thing to check. You get used to it after a while...

    I haven't seen definitive performance results comparing the new systems yet, that will take time for people to get them, get comfortable with them as to getting the most out of them and then posting their results.

    I do know now that the built in Asus GPU Tweak tool for the new laptops limits tuning / OC to +5% over stock settings, which is less than we have been able to easily get on the JW/JX/JH.

    Either one is a great choice
    Last edited by hmscott; 04-04-2014 at 07:50 AM.

  10. #90
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by boomcamacho View Post
    hi, I'm new and I'm going to buy a G750 notebook. I'm Italian and I should buy jh because the jz isn't arrived in Italy yet. So do someone know when it will arrive in Italy? thank you so much
    no one can answer my question? Thank

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •