Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Joystick View Post
    In my opinion 15" is just a poor choice: it's unportable as a 17", with the disadvantage of the smaller display. A truly 15" ROG notebook (and not the crappy G56JR) would only erode sales of the G750, because they would be too similar, with the same goal. To have people buying a G750 and, maybe, a second ROG notebook, the second should be a lightweight 14". At the moment I don't see a winner in this category, because these notebooks suffer from some defect: they are extremely noisy (Gigabyte P34G, and the smaller Clevo W230ST/SS), good to cook eggs (Razer Blade), portable as a hippo (Alienware 14).
    Well if there'll be a 14" rog this year then it'll be my laptop, thing is after a month of searching over the net I can't get any info about it except the repainted N56jr. Hopefully the release very very very very soon will also include a 14" with GTX860m XD

ROG Enthusiast Array

Well, I’m currently in possession of a G75VX and I must say it’s a pretty powerful machine, well made and made to last. With an overclocked graphics card (+ 135/1000) I can play all the latest games with maxed out settings (with greatly reduced or no anti-aliasing of course) hovering at or just below 30 fps. And I play pretty demanding titles like Metro, Crysis, Battlefield 4, Bioshock Infinite, Far Cry 3, etc. so overall I’m satisfied with it.
    However I’m considering replacing it – I’ll probably sell it off to my younger brother since his old laptop might pack up soon. This time I’m getting a laptop with the best graphics card but I’m wondering whether I should go for the G750JZ or wait for a few more months until the high-end Maxwell mobile graphics cards are released (GTX 880MX or whatever they call the beefiest card of all). Besides, can anyone give some info as to whether we can expect new Intel CPUs to be released this year as well as DDR4 SDRAM and Nvidia G-Sync for laptops ?

ROG Member Array

Piggybacking off ShadyStan's question, does anyone think a Maxwell 880M will come out in a short timeframe too?

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

The Maxwell 880m has already been announced, it's on the high-end new 750 model. As for the Intel CPU's and DDR4, Broadwell is supposed to be coming to laptops this year and I do not know yet, but I don't think DDR4 is going to be in laptops this year. I know DDR4 is coming with Haswell-E Desktop CPU's, but I haven't heard anything about Broadwell's Memory Capabilities.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Myk SilentShadow View Post
    The Maxwell 880m has already been announced, it's on the high-end new 750 model. As for the Intel CPU's and DDR4, Broadwell is supposed to be coming to laptops this year and I do not know yet, but I don't think DDR4 is going to be in laptops this year. I know DDR4 is coming with Haswell-E Desktop CPU's, but I haven't heard anything about Broadwell's Memory Capabilities.
    The GeForce GTX 880M is a Kepler-based card. I haven't heard of a Maxwell 880M yet so where do you have that info from ?

ROG Member Array

Anyone know if the JZ also has the expansion slot for another drive?

New ROGer Array

Asus G56JR is a new ROG notebook alsowith 15 inch screen

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array kb0sdq's Avatar

dang it now that I pulled the trigger and bought the G750JHA Will have to wait a year or so before I can buy another
    Happy ROG_n
    Doug

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

Quote Originally Posted by Mamin View Post
    Asus G56JR is a new ROG notebook also with 15 inch screen
    Yep, but it's currently a bit of a limited edition and available in these countries:

1. Singapore
    2. Malaysia
    3. Poland
    4. France
    5. Spain
    6. Switzerland
    7. Slovakia

ROG Enthusiast Array

Marshall, i also saw a G56 preorder in a Bulgarian website - www.laptop.bg , if you want you can add it to the list
    Last edited by kikich; 03-14-2014 at 08:26 AM.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast