cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water flow and tempature monitoring

immaturegizzmoe
Level 10
Hello everyone, I have recently finished building a new gaming pc and I installed a flow meter and tempature sensor on my water cooloing loop to monitor during gaming sessions. I cant find a monitor that I am happy with. I wanted the rog dual bay front monitor but I believe its only compatible with the z87 motherboards. I have the Maximus 5 Formula board from asus. I also liked the Aquacomputer Aquero 6 but the reviews say its german made and not user friendly to u.s. Can anyone recomend something for me. I want to see my water flow and water temps while in a gaming session.
26 REPLIES 26

kkn
Level 14
aquacomputer = good.
i have the aquaero5 XT usb. ( and i dont know german )
the new 6 model only have 4 pins ( PMW for fans ) that the 5 model dont have ( only 3 pins for fans ).
the software is in english so dont worry there.
you can controll the speed of the fans ( voltage regulator ) and you have the flow meter ( aquabus ) and you can add temp probes to the loop if you want.
you can even set up the controller to controll the speed on the fans on diffrent temps on the water.
the 6 model is the highest ( same model as the 5XT usb ) and have a remote controller, for lets say you have a HDPC and you can use it to type on, start a movie, music, browse++.

you can even conreoll pump whit it ( aquacomputer's D5 PUMP and the aquasream XT ( not 100% shure on other brands can work whit this tho , since ive not tested it ) )

its an expensive controller yes, is it good? i think so, and yes there are other cheep ones out there , but in the end its your desission to buy the one that suits you 🙂

Thank you for your reply. I really do like the look and features of the aquaero, nice to talk to someone who actually uses one. I will probably get this one.

PowerOver9K
Level 9
You can also just stick a temp probe in there and use monitoring software to log it. You don't really have to care until it starts getting near the temperature where it can fail acrylic parts or other pieces in the loop. At that temp however, your loop has likely failed. I have a bitspower temp fitting in two parts of my loop though I am massively redoing my loop right now.
Mobo: Rampage IV BE | CPU: i7-4930@4.5ghz Hexacore | RAM: 32GB Corsair V-Pro | GPU: 4xR9 290X Quadfire | PSU: eVGA P2 SuperNOVA 1000W\G2 850W | Chassis: NZXT Phantom 820 | Cooling: XSPC Raystorm CPU Block\4xEK 290X Block\2x Laing D5\XSPC Dual Bay Res\Phobya G-Changer 1080 External Rad\Alphacool 140UT60\XSPC AX360 | Fan Con: Lamptron CW611 | Tube: Primochill Adv. LRT Bloodshed Red | 3xCrossover 27" 2560x1440 Monitors | Build Log of Insanity

PowerOver9K wrote:
You can also just stick a temp probe in there and use monitoring software to log it. You don't really have to care until it starts getting near the temperature where it can fail acrylic parts or other pieces in the loop. At that temp however, your loop has likely failed. I have a bitspower temp fitting in two parts of my loop though I am massively redoing my loop right now.

take a look at the phobya inline temp probes, just a "extender" sorta, i use one and its around 1-2+c diffrence between the pump and that probe whit me.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13163/ex-tub-891/Phobya_G14_Inline_Temp_Sensor_Coupler_-_2-Pin_711...

kkn wrote:
take a look at the phobya inline temp probes, just a "extender" sorta, i use one and its around 1-2+c diffrence between the pump and that probe whit me.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13163/ex-tub-891/Phobya_G14_Inline_Temp_Sensor_Coupler_-_2-Pin_711...

Yep, I used to have one of those in my last rig. They are good too. If your rads have more than 2 inlets / outlets you can use a regular temp probe. Otherwise you use what kkn just said or you get a 3 way and put the temp in the tap off.
Mobo: Rampage IV BE | CPU: i7-4930@4.5ghz Hexacore | RAM: 32GB Corsair V-Pro | GPU: 4xR9 290X Quadfire | PSU: eVGA P2 SuperNOVA 1000W\G2 850W | Chassis: NZXT Phantom 820 | Cooling: XSPC Raystorm CPU Block\4xEK 290X Block\2x Laing D5\XSPC Dual Bay Res\Phobya G-Changer 1080 External Rad\Alphacool 140UT60\XSPC AX360 | Fan Con: Lamptron CW611 | Tube: Primochill Adv. LRT Bloodshed Red | 3xCrossover 27" 2560x1440 Monitors | Build Log of Insanity

I have a bitspro temp sensor in a t splitter, temp probe screwed into top and water flows through each side. What kind of software can you get to monitor that sorta stuff? I know i dont really need to monitor because i have a 420 rad with high velocity fans on a 3770k and its not even overclocked but I enjoy the nerd side of watching temps go up and down depending on what games i play and at what resolution. TO me its fun to monitor my system in different situations.

kkn
Level 14
for the aquaero, the software is named aquasuite 2013 ( newest ), google it and go to pictures and look at it.
the fan controller is hooked up to the motherboard by internal USB.

kkn wrote:
for the aquaero, the software is named aquasuite 2013 ( newest ), google it and go to pictures and look at it.
the fan controller is hooked up to the motherboard by internal USB.

great, thanks. will be ordering it shortly

kkn
Level 14
but remember what i posted about pumps, i can not promise it will support other pumps then the aquaero since ive not tested it.
if it is PMW just MABYE, no guarantee from my side.