Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

My mouse cursor also get corrupted while playing Starcraft on my Asus G73J with ATI Mobility Raedon 5870. I've tried using default pre-installed ATI Driver and swapped to 10.8 ATI Mobility Raedon Driver. Both of them didn't solve this mouse cursor corruption problem. Very frustrated. Also, it lagged for 1 sec during the game. I have no idea to fix it. Please help me.

(Plus, I am 100% sure my BIOS is updated.)

Brian@Asus, can you give us a hand?

TeamROG Notebook Member Array Chastity@ASUS's Avatar

That's odd... I know several people playing that game without issue...

1) Did you ever update your DirectX?

2) If that update doesn't help, then I would suggest uninstalling 10.8, and drop back to 10.7a Hotfix.

3) You can wait for the upcoming 10.10 Mobility Release. If you want to try it now, here is a link for a beta leak.
    Kicking Ass Since Today

ROG Member Array

Thank you for helping me out.

I've updated my DirectX as soon as I saw your reply. Played for an hour, looked fine to me, and I told myself, finally the mouse cursor corruption problem is fixed. However, I kept playing for another hour, the mouse cursor got corrupted again. I've tried everything, uninstalled SC2, format G73JH, and reinstall Windows 7, and tried it again, the mouse cursor corruption curse still there.

Only suggestion I have left is grab the latest Intel Chipset INF and run the installer with : "setup.exe -overall" commandline option.
    Kicking Ass Since Today

Low023
    Mine used to get the Mouse Cursor corruption, turns out it was caused by a Windows glitch with the Mouse Shadow setting, just disable mouse shadow. Problem solved.

NGX
    Hey chastity, long time no talk so we are going to see a 10.10 soon? I haven't checked notebookreview forum in some time, been super busy lately.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Honestly i can say I haven't tried SC:II yet but have seen oddities on Mass Effect 2 such as FPS dips. If I knew Asus was going to come out with the G73JW I would have waited to get that, who knows maybe there'll be a free/cheap trade in initiative started for us to trade the G73Jh for the G73Jw to see if that takes care of the issues of us here on these boards.

Not sure if it matters or is similar but there are from time to time major video lag in the latest patch of WoW and the betas of WoW Cataclysm, I'd guess the graphic engine got upgraded to that used in Starcraft II which is throwing fits with the ATI mobile cards but that's just speculation.

TheBeast
    I can attest to running the new vBIOS, drivers 10.8 and BIOS 211 and I have ZERO problems playing SC2 for at least 3-4 hours at a crack. Longest game session lasted 6.5 hours with my son playing on my G73JH-A3.

Without futher information in regards to vBIOS version and 5870 temps while gaming it is hard to try to point at anything that would explain the issues you are having.

All I know is that I have no problems playing SC2 on a properly updated G73JH-A3.

10.10 WHQL coming out Friday.
    Kicking Ass Since Today

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Chastity, it's available for download now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast