cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So... the graphics card is dying... (reposted from wrong section)

thomasdaley
Level 7
I have a G75VW the graphics card seems to be dying / died. I have booted into safe mode to use the pc but gaming is no longer a possibility.

This laptop is 1yr and 6 months old and I'm still paying it off, so getting a new one isn't a possibility.

Can I replace the graphics card? (and if so, how?)
7 REPLIES 7

ggBanks
Level 10
Send it for repair to the nearest ASUS support center, the warranty is at least 2 years so ASUS will easily have it fixed with no expenses on your side.

thomasdaley
Level 7
The product says 12M underneath But I australia I'm thinking that under consumer law a $2500 laptop would have the reasonable expectation of working for longer than 18 months.

Well sorry to hear that
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

thomasdaley
Level 7
Are there any ROG / ASUS Employees on here that can help regarding this situation?

Praz
Level 13
Hello

ASUS warranty is location specific as warranty details and specifics vary by region. There are no ASUS employees here from the Australian support region. For warranty support you will need to go through your local ASUS warranty support channel.

thomasdaley
Level 7
thank you. I've logged a support with the ASUS Tech Support and will call the repair centre in melbourne on monday. Thanks

ggBanks
Level 10
WOW 12 months for a $2500 dollar laptop? 😮 This is sick... As far as I am not mistaken, if you register the product online the warranty has to be extended by at least 1 year, which would make for at least 2 years. At least that was in my case, but I'm from eastern Europe.