cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newbie here so what does my results mean?

mr_togue
Level 7
look guys I am just a normal guy.... who wanted a good computer for the first time...

bought this g75vw when it was first released... play on it every day... does what I need it to do when I need it to..

I did the normal tweaks... nothing power tweaked... and then I got the email about this download...

I ran it and I ended up on page 35... not bad in my eyes seeing I could have ended up on the very last page...

with all of that being said.....

help this newbie understand one thing....

is my computer ....

1) bad
2) moderately bad
3) average
4) slightly better then average
5) fantastic
6 ) screaming

see you can throw all kinds of numbers at us regular people.. but to us non math gurus they are just numbers...

my laptop is straight out of the box with one exception... I moved my 1 t bite drive to back up and installed a ssd drive after I bought it... other then that its a stock computer...

this is just a curiosity for me ... but I get it ... every wants the fastest thing possible but reality is that money dictates what can be done ... every thing is possible if you throw enough money at it.. but for us 40 hour a week/ slightly better then min wage guys... this is what we got and can get ....

so is my numbers good? or bad?

( I know its a newbie question and I do admit I hung my head low when I typed it )
3 REPLIES 3

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hey Mr togue 🙂

What does it mean? It means you have a laptop and no laptop will ever beat a desktop so that's pretty much page 1 to 28 that you are not competing with. So you are on page "8" not bad especially if that is stock out of the box performance. 51000 is not bad!

Benchmarks mean nothing at the end of the day....if your computer does what you want it to do then all is good.

I have a great bench setup....can I take it to the beach with me....no!;)

thanks arne saknussemn... I agree if it does what I want it to do... but truthfully I have been disheartened by this site..i read thru the forums on my laptop it has gotten me down... I wish I had found this site before I bought my asus g75vw... I would have made sure of exactly I was buying... well cant cry over spilled milk... moving on... not going to try and steer you to another forum but if you happen to come across another one of my threads I would love it if you took a glance at it... ( the one asking about a particular piece of equipment )

X-ROG
Level 15
Firstly filter by comparative products using the "ROG Core" drop down box. Your notebook will not keep up with the 5+GHz Rampage systems on page 1, it's physically impossible! So don't worry 🙂 You can compare your result against others by selecting two boxes on the left.

Each successive generation of notebooks will get faster - that's the progress of technology! - but the fastest G75VW is ~53000, so your 51000 is certainly not far off!

Things that can improve your score marginally will be lower latency memory, your SSD and a 'clean' Windows install. You can OC your graphics card a little and maybe that'll improve the OpenCL score a touch, but sometimes not.